I’m struggling to know who to trust
(05-26-2021, 07:55 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 05:51 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 04:01 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: One thing - if Cummings knew he wasn't up to the job he'd been given, why did he stay in it?

The whole debate about herd immunity is also ridiculous, misunderstood and misrepresented.

A year ago you would have defended everything and anything Cummings said just like those in the cabinet were doing.

1. My Tweet wasn't about Cummings and his credibility/veracity. However, he also seems to not understand herd immunity

2. Contrariwise, you would have been calling him a liar, denouncing him, calling for him to be arrested, accusing him of pursuing a herd immunity policy (which you don't understand either, and when it turns out he wasn't)

Apart from that, this is a great post.

Arf I asked the question who to believe. I wouldn’t trust either of them for completely justifiable reasons. 

So explain herd immunity to us mere mortals one of which you would have described as a extremely clever person until he took his scarf off.
Herd immunity is effectively that there are enough of the population that are immune to the virus / disease so that it can't spread due to it reaching the immune person and not being transmitted further. Unfortunately it ignores two very big factors, covid can be transmitted by people that have had the virus and also asymptomatic individuals, and there will be a high number of casualties along the way. If you take the known IFR rate from the beginning of the pandemic that would have meant over 600k deaths.
(05-26-2021, 02:13 PM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote: Both lying or exaggerating probably. It's been known. The opposition must be enjoying watching it unfold though.

They would if they weren’t so utterly inept.

This is an open goal for Labour, yet my suspicion is they’ll trip over their own feet and in the process manage to smash the ball 90 yards into their own net.
Who knows if what Cummings said is the truth or not. 

But what I do know is that this time  last year  there were people defending him to the hilt  today these same people are searching for the nearest moving bus they can throw him under.

The only conclusion I can come to is that it is they were happy to defend when he was screwing the British public over, less so when he is trying to screw the conservative government.
(05-27-2021, 08:52 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 02:13 PM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote: Both lying or exaggerating probably. It's been known. The opposition must be enjoying watching it unfold though.

They would if they weren’t so utterly inept.

This is an open goal for Labour, yet my suspicion is they’ll trip over their own feet and in the process manage to smash the ball 90 yards into their own net.

I think one has been too busy refusing to answer to Piers Morgan