FA Cup Final
Ahhh, a last minute equaliser in a cup final. Can’t think of many better reasons to have an absolutely belting mental. Imagine it’s you, completely losing your shit, and then......

VAR says no.

Sack o’ shite.
(05-15-2021, 09:10 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Ahhh, a last minute equaliser in a cup final. Can’t think of many better reasons to have an absolutely belting mental. Imagine it’s you, completely losing your shit, and then......

VAR says no.

Sack o’ shite.

Have to agree. Like most neutrals, I was hoping for a Leicester win, so imagine if it had been the other way around. Chelsea leading 1-0 and Leicester equalising in the last minute. Cue delirium. Then people miles away get out their slide rules and decide that a player has been a millimetre offside in the build up. Remember, you have to trust that their slide rule is placed at exactly the same millisecond that the ball left the passer's boot, so this is not as black and white as some people claim.
Absolute nonsense that is taking the spontaneity out of our great game.
(05-16-2021, 07:49 AM)74bus Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 09:10 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Ahhh, a last minute equaliser in a cup final. Can’t think of many better reasons to have an absolutely belting mental. Imagine it’s you, completely losing your shit, and then......

VAR says no.

Sack o’ shite.

Have to agree. Like most neutrals, I was hoping for a Leicester win, so imagine if it had been the other way around. Chelsea leading 1-0 and Leicester equalising in the last minute. Cue delirium. Then people miles away get out their slide rules and decide that a player has been a millimetre offside in the build up. Remember, you have to trust that their slide rule is placed at exactly the same millisecond that the ball left the passer's boot, so this is not as black and white as some people claim.
Absolute nonsense that is taking the spontaneity out of our great game.

Var in its current guise will ruin the game beyond repair imho ,but was funny as fugg watching one of the big greedy six being royaly screwed  over by var when it mattered ,no doubt things may change now.
I wasn't  bothered by the offside decision, at least it is being used in a consistent way, albeit stupidly.

My issue is the handball rule in relation to handball by the attacking side in the build up play to a goal being scored. 

I have no idea what the rule is now. I can't help but think they make the rules up on the spot. Yesterday there was no way that var was going to disallow the goal, because it may have been the final blow for var.

My understanding of the rule is the goal should have been disallowed. But in the same breath the rule as I understand it is stupid, so I am glad it was given. 

But I would like to know what the actual rules are, and see them applied. And if they are then shown to be ridiculous,  they can be changed,  rather than this guessing game we  currently have.