Big Sam
(05-10-2021, 11:56 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 11:29 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 07:14 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I’m not going to hide my scepticism about Wilder I think he is a one dimensional manager who has had one decent season in the Prem. When the momentum stopped the success stopped.

He also took them up through the leagues.

This is true and I'm not going to dress my scepticism up with weak reasons for why I have come to that conclusion. I'm just not sold on him as manager, since when these days do you need facts to back up your opinion Smile

There’s nothing wrong with a bit of scepticism. His transfer record certainly merits scrutiny.

For me his record of getting sides promoted is enough for optimism.
RobDorsett
Sam Allardyce to begin talks with #wbafc on Wednesday about whether to stay on as manager following relegation. Players been given 2 days off. Big Sam is torn. Albion need to be convinced of his commitment. There is a clause in contract which allows either side to terminate now.
(05-10-2021, 01:13 PM)Dumbo Wrote: RobDorsett
Sam Allardyce to begin talks with #wbafc on Wednesday about whether to stay on as manager following relegation. Players been given 2 days off. Big Sam is torn. Albion need to be convinced of his commitment. There is a clause in contract which allows either side to terminate now.

Oh dear. As much as I rate Allardyce, he needs to be committed. He'll have no problem getting another firefighting job in the PL, should he want it.
(05-09-2021, 09:00 PM)HugeHons Wrote: After the game did anyone else notice that he fist bumped Arteta and someone else then hot footed it down the tunnel. I thought he might console every Albion player as they came off the pitch seeing as we’d just been relegated.Read into that what you will.

I'm going to take it as a positive HH.

My personal preference for these situations would be for all players and staff to go stiff upper lip on it and just get away from the glare of the cameras as quickly as possible.  We can all then privately experience the anguish of our season and what could have been, plus the worries about what the future holds but I just don't like to give the satisfaction to the TV companies and our rival fans etc of seeing us when the relegation hits home at the final whistle.

It's been a disastrous season overall, but with a few sources of joy and pride sprinkled in and I hope that next year we can deliver once again after a gruelling championship slog and celebrate our return to the top table (celebrating in full view of the cameras then of course !)
Derek McInnes....would like to see him back with us as manager.
(05-10-2021, 02:37 PM)westbromjack Wrote: Derek McInnes....would like to see him back with us as manager.

Why? Hasn't done anywhere near enough.
(05-10-2021, 02:07 PM)Squid Wrote:

Oh dear. As much as I rate Allardyce, he needs to be committed. He'll have no problem getting another firefighting job in the PL, should he want it.
Not sure he will Squid. Can't see clubs he's previously managed going for him, so that rules out Palace & Newcastle. Out of the other bottom half clubs, there's only really Burnley that I could see being a fit with Sam, and that could happen if Dyche moves elsewhere.

In terms of the Championship I think we're as big a draw as any team due to likely budget. 

Strange really, because I've gone from not wanting Sam in the first place, to hoping he stays. I'm basing that on the noticeable improvement in the last two or three months. We have a clear plan now, and play with a more solid defensive structure, while still creating opportunities. I'd like to see him build on what he's started, but I totally agree that he needs to be fully committed to the task in hand. Any doubts, and we should move on.
(05-10-2021, 03:06 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 02:07 PM)Squid Wrote:

Not sure he will Squid. Can't see clubs he's previously managed going for him, so that rules out Palace & Newcastle. Out of the other bottom half clubs, there's only really Burnley that I could see being a fit with Sam, and that could happen if Dyche moves elsewhere.

In terms of the Championship I think we're as big a draw as any team due to likely budget. 

Strange really, because I've gone from not wanting Sam in the first place, to hoping he stays. I'm basing that on the noticeable improvement in the last two or three months. We have a clear plan now, and play with a more solid defensive structure, while still creating opportunities. I'd like to see him build on what he's started, but I totally agree that he needs to be fully committed to the task in hand. Any doubts, and we should move on.

It's because we've all turned into BigSamersexuals according to one on here.

I feel the same. If he wants the job, has the commitment then I can see us pissing that division. We're in far better nick than when Bilic walked in.
It does make me laugh beating Wilder with a stick because he swapped Burke for Robbo, come on, really?

Burke cost us £18m, he got Burke for £3m valuation, the issue is more with who the hell sanctioned the £18m in the first place!

Wilder is a top manager, just look at his CV, the budgets he's worked with and what he's achieved against what was expected of the sides he was in charge of

Whether he ends up here or not to raise questions on his managerial ability based on Oli Burke is far fetched even for this place!

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
If we did have Wilder it could be fun watching Barts and Semi bombing down the flanks.  Big Grin