Two penn'orth of chips
For years it was always two penn'orth of chips from the "fish shap" even when it became thruppence. or fow'pence.
(05-10-2021, 02:25 PM)hudds Wrote: For years it was always two penn'orth of chips from the "fish shap" even when it became thruppence. or fow'pence.

Nah. It were batter bits that cost fuck all cos they were shite.  Can’t believe as kids we’d ask for, and eat them.  My arteries are clogging up at the thought.
I told you I’ll be back
(05-10-2021, 03:16 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 02:25 PM)hudds Wrote: For years it was always two penn'orth of chips from the "fish shap" even when it became thruppence. or fow'pence.

Nah. It were batter bits that cost fuck all cos they were shite.  Can’t believe as kids we’d ask for, and eat them.  My arteries are clogging up at the thought.

How very dare you.. soaked in chippy vinegar. Gods own creation.

I'm talking about 1962 onwards.  Yo'm just a babbay.

We called 'em scratchings in Redditch - delicious!