Get back into the office plebs?
I'd imagine most of you daytime slackers are office based and probably working from home.  Interesting to see that 43 of the biggest 50 companies are going to a blended office/home approach.  We'll be doing the same - approx 50/50 split using the 'in office' time for informality and action learning and keeping the formal internal meetings remote.  

Got to admit I've struggled without the office interaction - which surprised me as many who I work with are cunts.
I'm moving back to the UK soon so will be in the job market and I'll definitely be looking for an office/home split. 2/3 days in the office a week is the perfect blend of social interaction, productivity and presenteeism. Like a lot of people I think, I can get a lot more done in 2 hours on my own than a whole day in a busy office.
(05-06-2021, 09:38 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: I'm moving back to the UK soon so will be in the job market and I'll definitely be looking for an office/home split. 2/3 days in the office a week is the perfect blend of social interaction, productivity and presenteeism. Like a lot of people I think, I can get a lot more in 2 hours on my own than a whole day in a busy office.

I’ve got too used to an afternoon snooze to be able to go back full-time.
(05-06-2021, 09:34 AM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: I'd imagine most of you daytime slackers are office based and probably working from home.  Interesting to see that 43 of the biggest 50 companies are going to a blended office/home approach.  We'll be doing the same - approx 50/50 split using the 'in office' time for informality and action learning and keeping the formal internal meetings remote.  

Got to admit I've struggled without the office interaction - which surprised me as many who I work with are cunts.

`Fraid not. I do two 12 hour days, two 12 hour nights, then 4 days off. After 7 weeks of that, I get 2 weeks off.
Several of our alleged managers have taken to `working from home`. No one has missed them to be fair.
(05-06-2021, 09:51 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 09:34 AM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: I'd imagine most of you daytime slackers are office based and probably working from home.  Interesting to see that 43 of the biggest 50 companies are going to a blended office/home approach.  We'll be doing the same - approx 50/50 split using the 'in office' time for informality and action learning and keeping the formal internal meetings remote.  

`Fraid not. I do two 12 hour days, two 12 hour nights, then 4 days off. After 7 weeks of that, I get 2 weeks off.
Several of our alleged managers have taken to `working from home`. No one has missed them to be fair.

There's a lot to be said about 'absenteeism' for some managers.  Less harm done.  

Weird shift pattern though lad - must f*** you up.  Like the two weeks off - you on the rigs or summat?

(05-06-2021, 09:51 AM)Fido Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 09:38 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: I'm moving back to the UK soon so will be in the job market and I'll definitely be looking for an office/home split. 2/3 days in the office a week is the perfect blend of social interaction, productivity and presenteeism. Like a lot of people I think, I can get a lot more in 2 hours on my own than a whole day in a busy office.

I’ve got too used to an afternoon snooze to be able to go back full-time.
Not joking, I was listening into the missus' team meeting the other day and some woman was moaning about having to plan journeys into work and caring duties and not being able to take a nap during the morning.  I thought it was a junior having a moan - turns out it was her line manager.
To be honest, DJ.PR., it isn`t too bad once you get used to it, although the first of the 4 days off, I`m asleep for half of it. The two weeks off happens 5 times a year, so good for holidays, usually. Actually work for a chemicals firm in West Brom.
We've been told we are likely to do 2 days in the office, 3 at home. Must say I much prefer working from home. No wasted time commuting. Money saved on travel. No office bores to put up with. Away from crap office politics. Also this is the first time in around 30 years I didn't pick up a winter cold ( no bugs from office or public transport).
Most of my clients intend to more than halve their office space in the next leasing cycle. One client has surveyed 300 staff and literally no-one wants to come back more than 2 days per week. This is going to change the face of many of our city centres.
RBS insisted London office based staff worked 2- 3 days a week at home some years ago so they could reduce the office space required and reduce costs.  I ended up working 1 day in the office for the team meeting and 4 days at home.
I told you I’ll be back
Working remotely not just cuts cost but it also opens you up to a national/international talent pool when recruiting - even if it did create HR some headaches around work permits when I wanted to employ an Indian analyst.