Poll: Do you want Big Sam to stay next season
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes- he is the man
61.02%
36 61.02%
No
38.98%
23 38.98%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you want Big Sam to stay next season?
I'd rather keep Okay, AMN and Diagne.
(04-24-2021, 11:41 PM)Madness Wrote:
(04-23-2021, 02:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Still waiting for better candidates...

Here goes

Chris Wilder
Michael Appleton
Derek Mciness
Valérien Ismaël

To name just 4, Sure you are dim viewed in your view that a 66 year old Bent fraud is the best man for the job as you want to be safe but Albion should no go for short termism, Sure it will benefit you as you will be down the Hawthorns getting excited by Big Sam in the championship even if we are in the same position 12 months on from that, and no doubt you will blame someone else

Arf, your name is very apt
(04-23-2021, 02:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Still waiting for better candidates...

Here goes

Chris Wilder
Michael Appleton
Derek Mciness
Valérien Ismaël

To name just 4, Sure you are dim viewed in your view that a 66 year old Bent fraud is the best man for the job as you want to be safe but Albion should no go for short termism, Sure it will benefit you as you will be down the Hawthorns getting excited by Big Sam in the championship even if we are in the same position 12 months on from that, and no doubt you will blame someone else
If you are looking at Mcinnes  and Appleton then as you are a name short you might aswell add the Rotherham manager to your list .
If we are going to change ( i say IF) i can see it being another 'Big Dave' style appointment, i.e. a fan favourite to lift peoples spirits, an Albion man etc etc.

Which means Appleton or McInnes.

Here goes

Chris Wilder
Michael Appleton
Derek Mciness
Valérien Ismaël

It's written in English, but I don' understand it.
Apologies if asked before. But what about replacing Dowling with Sam?
Ismael is doing a great job at Barnsley, but a quick look into his CV suggests that, along with one decent run in the Europa League with LASK, this is the exception to an otherwise unspectacular career.

He had a 14 game stint with Nurnberg when they were one of the biggest clubs in the German second division and he lost the majority of his matches, followed by being sacked by Wolfsburg after 3 months, then at LASK they had a decent Europa run but he got sacked after one season after they finished 4th after being comfortably 2nd the season before he arrived.

Maybe he's improved as a manager, but I certainly wouldn't bank everything on a guy who's basically had one (admittedly very good) season.

I'm sure someone will be along to tell me about the plight of Nurnberg in 2014 and how it wasn't his fault, but they'd just been relegated from the Bundesliga and the following season finished 3rd in the league.