The 'Roy of the Rovers' kit
Can we safely bin this fucking abomination of a kit finally now please. Have we won in it yet? Plus wasn't it a Brian Talbot introduction which, in itself, should mean it is never touched with a bargepole.

There, I've actually blamed the kit, life cannot get any more desperate.  Dodgy
(04-23-2021, 09:02 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Can we safely bin this fucking abomination of a kit finally now please. Have we won in it yet? Plus wasn't it a Brian Talbot introduction which, in itself, should mean it is never touched with a bargepole.

Bobby Gould if I remember right. Reckoned red was a dominant and winning colour. Didn't quite work for us in that way Rolleyes
(04-23-2021, 09:06 AM)tiptontown Wrote:
(04-23-2021, 09:02 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Can we safely bin this fucking abomination of a kit finally now please. Have we won in it yet? Plus wasn't it a Brian Talbot introduction which, in itself, should mean it is never touched with a bargepole.

Bobby Gould if I remember right. Reckoned red was a dominant and winning colour. Didn't quite work for us in that way Rolleyes

Yeah, Barmy Bobby, he thought it would make us play like Melchester Rovers then he signed the wrong Paul Williams instead of Roy Race...
Yes, definitely Bobby Gould.
Rhubarb and custard, fucking horrible stuff.
Cheers chaps, the old memory plays tricks and blames Talbot for a lot more than he deserves. I think I've combined the two of them to save me a lot of pain  Big Grin
(04-23-2021, 09:46 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Cheers chaps, the old memory plays tricks and blames Talbot for a lot more than he deserves. I think I've combined the two of them to save me a lot of pain  Big Grin

And for one night only...

Bobby "Coffin Woking" Talbot.
It's embarassing, nearly as bad as Covs chocolate.
Was Gould who brought it in. One of his wacky ideas. Wanted us to play like Melchester Rovers. Our performance last night mirrored the carp we had to endure under Gould. Diagne up front last night was a display we often saw from Paul Williams.
It’s truly dreadful kit and tbh the barcode 90s kit in general isn’t pleasant, its only saving grace is nostalgia.