Cock trouble over
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/loca...ome-flats/
Very sad the demise of the good old British local boozer.

Some great pubs I went into over the years that have been bulldozed or converted into flats.

Saddest I ever saw was Mad O'Rourke's Little Dry Dock in Netherton, which I passed a few years back having ran into disrepair.

Recall in the 80s having Lumphammer ale there, a Desperate Dan Pie and there'd be good folk music on. The place was rammed and it'd feel like a pub in the West of Ireland or Cornwall rather than in a dreary part of the Black Country.

In Bearwood where I'm originally from the last decade saw the end of places like The Thimblemill, the Talbot and The Abbey and now the Kings Head is some eating place.
(04-14-2021, 12:15 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Very sad the demise of the good old British local boozer.

Some great pubs I went into over the years that have been bulldozed or converted into flats.

Saddest I ever saw was Mad O'Rourke's Little Dry Dock in Netherton, which I passed a few years back having ran into disrepair.

Recall in the 80s having Lumphammer ale there, a Desperate Dan Pie and there'd be good folk music on. The place was rammed and it'd feel like a pub in the West of Ireland or Cornwall rather than in a dreary part of the Black Country.

In Bearwood where I'm originally from the last decade saw the end of places like The Thimblemill, the Talbot and The Abbey and now the Kings Head is some eating place.

The Two Pat's were the musicians...the Dock was my local for years...cracking pub apart from when the Black Country Bus used to arrive, then it was time to pop over the road to the Whaetsheaf until it had left
(04-14-2021, 03:09 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 12:15 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Very sad the demise of the good old British local boozer.

The Two Pat's were the musicians...the Dock was my local for years...cracking pub apart from when the Black Country Bus used to arrive, then it was time to pop over the road to the Whaetsheaf until it had left

You're right that they played there and other places too. I knew one of the Two Pats, Pat Brennan- a very nice guy, who I believe was a teacher.

It used to be on my Friday and Saturday Netherton night pub crawls, great boozer.

Back to the OP, the Cock was decent but being between Brickhouse and Springfield meant it could get a bit lively down there and meant that I would avoid it. Being a Sledmere / Uplands lad if someone didn't know you it could be hassle just having a pint. Shame
(04-14-2021, 03:53 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

It used to be on my Friday and Saturday Netherton night pub crawls, great boozer.

Back to the OP, the Cock was decent but being between Brickhouse and Springfield meant it could get a bit lively down there and meant that I would avoid it. Being a Sledmere / Uplands lad if someone didn't know you it could be hassle just having a pint. Shame

I actually had my first drink in The Cock as a lad....pint of Bergman's 60p
(04-14-2021, 04:01 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 03:53 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

I actually had my first drink in The Cock as a lad....pint of Bergman's 60p

Cheers for that. Thread idea.
(04-14-2021, 12:03 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: https://www.expressandstar.com/news/loca...ome-flats/

Popped in there a couple of times when I was at Rowley college in the mid 80s. Didn't think much of it to be honest.
Used to go in their pre-match late 80s/early 90s. We’d come from bottom of the hill and one of the other lads would walk down from Rowley Church.
滚开赖
(04-14-2021, 06:50 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: Used to go in their pre-match late 80s/early 90s.  We’d come from bottom of the hill and one of the other lads would walk down from Rowley Church.

That was some fucking hill CA, you deserved a pint at the end of that