Blues
(04-01-2021, 12:31 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 12:00 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 11:55 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: Per Wikipedia
During the 2018–19 season, in a further move to reduce the club's losses in light of breaches of the EFL's Profitability and Sustainability Regulations, the stadium was sold for £22.8 million to Birmingham City Stadium Ltd, a new company wholly owned by the football club's parent, Birmingham Sports Holdings, and would be leased back to the club for £1.25 million per year for 25 years.[3] 

It's the company owning the ground (a subsidary within the owners Holdings) that has been sold off entirely and blues have 10 years at £1.25m per year with a rent review in 2025. 

I hope we never end up down this road.

Christ how many times can you sell your ground?

The Karanka experiment well and truly failed at Blues... he was a very expensive appointment, and they backed him with £10m of the Bellingham money in fees and some massive wages.

Per the report the money is going to the holding company not the football club.  Also because it's the company they're selling not the actual ground itself they've managed to get round the Asset with Community Value regs which I assume are there to protect and stop these type of things. 

Sold to a "Real-Estate Investor" company so expect shenanigans in 2025 when the first rent review rolls round.  

How far down will all the HS2 work go and what are the plans for the surrounding area...

The Bordesley Green metro station linking Curzon Street to Solihull and the NEC will be a very short walk from St Andrews, and Digbeth is getting a lot of investment that will undoubtedly increase land prices in the surrounding area...
(04-01-2021, 01:00 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
During the 2018–19 season, in a further move to reduce the club's losses in light of breaches of the EFL's Profitability and Sustainability Regulations, the stadium was sold for £22.8 million to Birmingham City Stadium Ltd, a new company wholly owned by the football club's parent, Birmingham Sports Holdings, and would be leased back to the club for £1.25 million per year for 25 years.[3] 

It's the company owning the ground (a subsidary within the owners Holdings) that has been sold off entirely and blues have 10 years at £1.25m per year with a rent review in 2025. 

The Karanka experiment well and truly failed at Blues... he was a very expensive appointment, and they backed him with £10m of the Bellingham money in fees and some massive wages.

Per the report the money is going to the holding company not the football club.  Also because it's the company they're selling not the actual ground itself they've managed to get round the Asset with Community Value regs which I assume are there to protect and stop these type of things. 

Sold to a "Real-Estate Investor" company so expect shenanigans in 2025 when the first rent review rolls round.  

How far down will all the HS2 work go and what are the plans for the surrounding area...

The Bordesley Green metro station linking Curzon Street to Solihull and the NEC will be a very short walk from St Andrews, and Digbeth is getting a lot of investment that will undoubtedly increase land prices in the surrounding area...

I read a professional valuation of land on a site in Digbeth last week. It didn't add much for HS2. I think that ship is a few years away -  possibly when the lease to Blues expires?

A question of greater relevance is whether the lease is contracted into the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954.
(04-01-2021, 01:04 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

I read a professional valuation of land on a site in Digbeth last week. It didn't add much for HS2. I think that ship is a few years away -  possibly when the lease to Blues expires?

A question of greater relevance is whether the lease is contracted into the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954.

I'm sure that HS2 will have a major impact on land prices in Eastside from 2030 onwards especially once the full scope of expansion out of London and the impact of WfH has on commuting is a known quantity, but I was more alluding to the investment into Digbeth generally independent of HS2. It's already one of the "coolest" parts of the country and there's been loads of investment into the creative and independent arts there, there's the potential filming studios being built as well.

Oddly, given the Metro extension to Solihull, one place that might have a land value spike with HS2 commuting is Chelmsley given it will be 45 minutes from Zone 1 London. Do wonder how they would gentrify that...
(04-01-2021, 01:13 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 01:04 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 12:00 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Christ how many times can you sell your ground?

I'm sure that HS2 will have a major impact on land prices in Eastside from 2030 onwards especially once the full scope of expansion out of London and the impact of WfH has on commuting is a known quantity, but I was more alluding to the investment into Digbeth generally independent of HS2. It's already one of the "coolest" parts of the country and there's been loads of investment into the creative and independent arts there, there's the potential filming studios being built as well.

Oddly, given the Metro extension to Solihull, one place that might have a land value spike with HS2 commuting is Chelmsley given it will be 45 minutes from Zone 1 London. Do wonder how they would gentrify that...
Just play on the fact it's in Solihull  Big Grin Big Grin