Accounts
Same Rich, though I know nothing of any interested parties, but I think we'll wish for the days of Peace and Lai in a few years time.
(04-01-2021, 01:51 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Same Rich, though I know nothing of any interested parties, but I think we'll wish for the days of Peace and Lai in a few years time.

That's a fucking depressing thought.
(04-01-2021, 12:54 PM)richbaggie Wrote: As poor as the accounts might appear at 1st glance, I imagine there wouldn't be many clubs in the champ that wouldn't snap our hands off to swap finances next season. We will be very much the least shittest! I would be amazed if some don't go to the wall next year.

Lai rightly deserves some criticism for the lack of communication and how detached he appears but has he done anything different to what he set out to try and do, which was a self financing model?

I personally am very nervous about him selling. The parties, one in particular, that have shown real interest worry me greatly. I would take a self financing model with Lai over the potential charlatans that may buy us. What we need to do a whole lot better in the model is to spend what we have in a much better way.

Agree entirely. Lai (or Palm or whatever) might not be putting money in, but they let the club run itself and only insist on no debt. We own our ground. Every penny the club earns ends up in the bank to do as we see fit. That can change very quickly with the wrong people in charge.
(04-01-2021, 12:54 PM)richbaggie Wrote: As poor as the accounts might appear at 1st glance, I imagine there wouldn't be many clubs in the champ that wouldn't snap our hands off to swap finances next season. We will be very much the least shittest! I would be amazed if some don't go to the wall next year.

Lai rightly deserves some criticism for the lack of communication and how detached he appears but has he done anything different to what he set out to try and do, which was a self financing model?

I personally am very nervous about him selling. The parties, one in particular, that have shown real interest worry me greatly. I would take a self financing model with Lai over the potential charlatans that may buy us. What we need to do a whole lot better in the model is to spend what we have in a much better way.

Although I want to see the end of the Lai era what you say is true, I expect Lai couldn't care less about what happens to us after he's sold us so won't be bothered if the buyers are charlatans or not.
(04-01-2021, 02:05 PM)TartanRug Wrote:

Although I want to see the end of the Lai era what you say is true, I expect Lai couldn't care less about what happens to us after he's sold us so won't be bothered if the buyers are charlatans or not.

The only positive is that for Lai to sell, the buyer will need to have £150m ready to go, and we don’t have the kind of cash in the bank for a Burnley style takeover, so hopefully any buyer will be of sound financial footing... a couple years in the Champ and it could be very messy as Lai scrambles for anything he can get.
(04-01-2021, 01:51 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Same Rich, though I know nothing of any interested parties, but I think we'll wish for the days of Peace and Lai in a few years time.

I already miss the Peace days!

I know he had his faults, but I firmly believe he had the right nous for the way we operated. He put his mistakes right quickly, didn't appoint 2 shit manager in a row, knew how to get out the champ with parachute money, and didn't back down to twat players who wanted to leave unless we got the right price. I know some say the last one is a mistake sometimes, but not always IMO.

And he was the inventor of "a year's option in the club's favour"  Big Grin
Our entire model is based on TV money.
Our fanbase / ticket sales are negligible in terms of revenue
We can’t afford projects, long term build at first team level, so any thoughts of managers for three or four seasons are possible but a long shot
The owner wants to sell, so see above when it comes to long term solutions to our potential YoYo club status.

Two seasons to go up, then hello Blues
(04-01-2021, 06:24 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

I already miss the Peace days!

I know he had his faults, but I firmly believe he had the right nous for the way we operated. He put his mistakes right quickly, didn't appoint 2 shit manager in a row, knew how to get out the champ with parachute money, and didn't back down to twat players who wanted to leave unless we got the right price. I know some say the last one is a mistake sometimes, but not always IMO.

And he was the inventor of "a year's option in the club's favour"  Big Grin

Quite.

And he used great skill using The Albion to turn himself into a very wealthy man.