My ever changing rules..
...or whatever the Style Council  said.
Southampton just awarded a penalty after forward taken down in the penalty area when through on goal. Var checked the penalty but a sending off doesn't appear to have even been considered. Unlike Ajayi when he took out someone in the centre circle? I don't know what is what anymore...
(03-06-2021, 03:38 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: ...or whatever the Style Council  said.
Southampton just awarded a penalty after forward taken down in the penalty area when through on goal. Var checked the penalty but a sending off doesn't appear to have even been considered. Unlike Ajayi when he took out someone in the centre circle? I don't know what is what anymore...

Not seen it but I know they changed the rules to state if it’s a genuine attempt to play the ball then it’s just a penalty and no red.

It’s to stop the triple punishment of penalty, red and suspension.

The rules were relaxed - where a penalty is given and the foul is 'accidental' then a yellow card is given. Supposed to avoid triple punishment - penalty, losing a player and suspension
OK, I get that but check out what's post on the var thread. Makes sense?
The game has seriously gone...Tom.

Ps where is Lee?
(03-06-2021, 03:48 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: OK, I get that but check out what's post on the var thread. Makes sense?

Absolutely - I get the triple punishment bit but the rules now provide a greater punishment for offences ridiculous distances from goal.

Bringing somebody down 50 yards from goal and denying an 'obvious' goal scoring opportunity would be an example of where 10mins in a sin bin would be a good punishment
(03-06-2021, 03:42 PM)Duffers Wrote:

Not seen it but I know they changed the rules to state if it’s a genuine attempt to play the ball then it’s just a penalty and no red.

It’s to stop the triple punishment of penalty, red and suspension.
So a double penalty is ok when they have no idea if the player would go on to score from 50yds out. 
This could easily be corrected just by issuing a orange card for either of those infringements. Meaning 10 mins in a sin bin that means neither player has a suspension.
(03-06-2021, 03:57 PM)Hopalong Wrote: The game has seriously gone...Tom.

Ps where is Lee?

Lee? Have I missed something?