FAO ITK types
There were words on here about the players not rating Allardyce or buying into his methods. Has that changed now? It certainly looks like it on the pitch.

Listening to the match, something noticeable about the team yesterday was how much louder they are now, shouting to and instructing each other, as opposed to silently toiling.
I think they look much better - shame it is all too late.  Sad
I don't know this it when players can see a difference its logical they buy into it..... Will ask the question.
Sam’s attitude has definitely perked up since he signed the 4 players. Until then he seemed to know and accept that we simply weren’t good enough and he was helpless to even organise us - rather like herding cats.

We now seem to be playing with shape and discipline, and the players’ confidence is clearly growing.

In short, Sam actually seems to be a coach who knows what he’s doing. That is after all why he landed the England job.
(03-05-2021, 12:57 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: Sam’s attitude has definitely perked up since he signed the 4 players.  Until then he seemed to know and accept that we simply weren’t good enough and he was helpless to even organise us - rather like herding cats.

We now seem to be playing with shape and discipline, and the players’ confidence is clearly growing.

In short, Sam actually seems to be a coach who knows what he’s doing.  That is after all why he landed the England job.

Sam has one way of doing things, and very little flexibility. We are now seeing the rewards of him having the tools he needs to put Plan A into practice. Unfortunately we didn't have those tools early enough to make a difference and his lack of a Plan B is why we're so far adrift.

I do think if he'd been a little less stubborn in the early days we could have picked up 4-5 more points from the games with Leeds, Fulham, Sheff U, Villa... which would have seen us in a far better position now.

Sam is a decent coach who knows how to get results at this level provided he's got a very specific set of tools at his disposal.