Norwich v Brentford
For anyone who is interested and doesn't already know, this match kicks off @ 17.30 and is on Sky Sports Action, which I think is free.
Both teams look pretty lightweight. The gap to the Championship is pretty clear
(03-03-2021, 06:06 PM)Sliced Wrote: Both teams look pretty lightweight. The gap to the Championship is pretty clear

Agree.

I think Norwich look a weaker side than they were last season. Lots of work to do if they get back up.

Brentford play some very pretty football but will really struggle with the physical side of the PL. It's an absolute myth that you get more time on the ball in PL and don't get roughed up, if anything it's more physical than the Champ.
(03-03-2021, 06:09 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 06:06 PM)Sliced Wrote: Both teams look pretty lightweight. The gap to the Championship is pretty clear

Agree.

I think Norwich look a weaker side than they were last season. Lots of work to do if they get back up.

Brentford play some very pretty football but will really struggle with the physical side of the PL. It's an absolute myth that you get more time on the ball in PL and don't get roughed up, if anything it's more physical than the Champ.

Correct. A hilarious myth that’s been said for years.  And crucially, you definitely get less time on the ball in the prem in key areas of the pitch, which is the main thing. I think the myth may have come from a few prem teams letting you knock it about at the back a bit more. But in key areas (most areas!) you get less time on the ball in the prem for sure.
(03-03-2021, 06:15 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

Agree.

Correct. A hilarious myth that’s been said for years.  And crucially, you definitely get less time on the ball in the prem in key areas of the pitch, which is the main thing. I think the myth may have come from a few prem teams letting you knock it about at the back a bit more. But in key areas (most areas!) you get less time on the ball in the prem for sure.

You get less time on the ball in the Prem by virtue of the fact we can't get a touch of the fucking thing!  Big Grin
(03-03-2021, 05:22 PM)Supamart Wrote: For anyone who is interested and doesn't already know, this match kicks off @ 17.30 and is on Sky Sports Action, which I think is free.

Prefer to watch Burnley vs Leicester
(03-03-2021, 06:24 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 06:15 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

Agree.

You get less time on the ball in the Prem by virtue of the fact we can't get a touch of the fucking thing!  Big Grin

Well yes there is that  Big Grin
Those useless b'stards Villa losing to Sheff Utd.
(03-03-2021, 06:48 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Those useless b'stards Villa losing to Sheff Utd.

I'm fine with that.
(03-03-2021, 06:50 PM)Artist Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 06:48 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Those useless b'stards Villa losing to Sheff Utd.

I'm fine with that.

Difference between bottom and 2nd bottom could be a couple of million quid. Useful money needed to help get us back up.