Bands you've been late to the table with
Despite buying the Seldom Seen Kid, back 12 or so years ago, and many a time listened to Guy Garvey on 6 Music, I have sadly neglected Elbow until now.

Past couple of days I've been bingeing on them whilst working and even watched the South Bank Show Special on them from a decade ago. They're just the business.

Any bands you've been slow with who have become big faves. I'd put the Divine comedy in this pigeon hole too.
Mine is The Band. I've been listening to them for 20 years now but had no idea they'd sound the way they did.
White Stripes
Smashing Pumpkins
The National - only really started listening to them five years ago when they already had five or six albums out. Seen them live at least half a dozen times since.
The Telescopes. Largely ignored them in the early 90's as I was into all the other indie/Shoegaze stuff but recently heard a few brilliant tracks and I'm loving it.
(03-02-2021, 10:04 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Despite buying the Seldom Seen Kid, back 12 or so years ago, and many a time listened to Guy Garvey on 6 Music, I have sadly neglected Elbow until now.

Past couple of days I've been bingeing on them whilst working and even watched the South Bank Show Special on them from a decade ago. They're just the business.

Any bands you've been slow with who have become big faves. I'd put the Divine comedy in this pigeon hole too.

My user name is in part a reference to this band. Superb live if you ever get the chance. Guy is the perfect front man. I wasn't keen on their first ever album, but everyone released since has been a belter.

Radiohead are probably my late to the table band, another great live band too.
(03-02-2021, 12:10 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 10:04 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Despite buying the Seldom Seen Kid, back 12 or so years ago, and many a time listened to Guy Garvey on 6 Music, I have sadly neglected Elbow until now.

My user name is in part a reference to this band. Superb live if you ever get the chance. Guy is the perfect front man. I wasn't keen on their first ever album, but everyone released since has been a belter.

Radiohead are probably my late to the table band, another great live band too.

Agreed on Elbow live, seen them a few times and they’ve always been great.

I was in the crowd for this set and it was just something else...

AC/DC for me.
I didn't get into REM until Out Of Time. And it wasn't because of Shiny Happy People either.