BIG SAM
Our transfer window business was superb. Shame it was five months late
There are a few posters missing for a match day... we must have won with Allardyce in charge.
(02-27-2021, 06:06 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: There are a few posters missing for a match day... we must have won with Allardyce in charge.

Albion won and the Potter fans got to blame it on a couple of missed penalties. Everyone's a winner!
It’s one of the rare days that Lady Luck smiled on us. We will at least have a respectable relegation now.
(02-27-2021, 05:53 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 05:41 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Indeed 10 points from 13 is truly inspired stuff.

When we get to more than a point a game I’ll give Sam some praise but as it stands he’s squandered more matches than he’s impressed in.

Churlish?

Not at all Derek.

As I’ve said on other threads, I can see signs of progress under Sam but it’s still very early days. Brighton had 2 penalties today and we got a huge slice of luck with their disallowed goal.

The way we sat back deeper and deeper after taking the lead should have been punished today, as it was in the games against Fulham and Sheff U.

In the last 4-5 games we have looked better than we did under Bilic, but being better than Bilic doesnt automatically mean Sam is doing enough.
Big Sam's team didn't get on the pitch until United at home so it 5pts from 3 games. 

Let's see how many he gets from the 15 games.   We need 28 probably so another 23 from 12 games.  Can't see it personally but we'll beat our record low of 26 pts.  

Thing is we should have won all three games, though we were incredibly fortunate today.
Anyone who still thinks that Bilic was a better manager must have shit in their eyes.
(02-27-2021, 06:19 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Big Sam's team didn't get on the pitch until United at home so it 5pts from 3 games. 

Let's see how many he gets from the 15 games.   We need 28 probably so another 23 from 12 games.  Can't see it personally but we'll beat our record low of 26 pts.  

Thing is we should have won all three games, though we were incredibly fortunate today.

I think 20 from 13 would keep us up as Newcastle and Fulham have tricky run-ins.
(02-27-2021, 06:30 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 06:19 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Big Sam's team didn't get on the pitch until United at home so it 5pts from 3 games. 

I think 20 from 13 would keep us up as Newcastle and Fulham have tricky run-ins.

It's 12 but if that's all we need,  we'll do it.   Wink
Allardyce has improved us unquestionably, but he made us worse initially and took too long to get us half decent. The performances when we were getting walloped at home were the most atrocious run of games we have ever been involved in in my 46 years a fan.
To me the Leeds annihilation was the worst ever performance I've seen by our team.
We are better, but all we are having is a respectable relegation now. After all we beat a side we'd be expected to to have any chance of avoiding the drop today, and only just. The Fulham and Sheff U games screwed it all.