Allardyce is slowly making a difference
(02-20-2021, 06:49 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 05:15 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: So frustrating that bar AMN this squad minus Grant could have started the season.

If he wants to stay next season so long as this level continues I won't be against it.
How do you know this? I admit I'd never heard of Diagne or Okay before the season started. I'd have thought we'd have heard rumours of these names...

We tried to sign Okay in 2017, not sure about Diagne.
(02-20-2021, 07:47 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 05:15 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: So frustrating that bar AMN this squad minus Grant could have started the season.

If he wants to stay next season so long as this level continues I won't be against it.
How do you know this? I admit I'd never heard of Diagne or Okay before the season started. I'd have thought we'd have heard rumours of these names...

This winter list was the summer list basically with AMN.
(02-20-2021, 05:08 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I think we can now see that the squad was far too flimsy before Allardyce arrived and if we had started the season with him and the current squad we would not be in the mess we are in now. I would still give him next season to get us back up if he’s interested in the job. Far better bet than starting over again.

Absolutely.

A no- brainer.
Last 2 games have been an improvement no doubt, but he still has a way to go yet to prove he should get the job next season. The 4 signings have made a difference, but I don't think any of them will be here next season. Other clubs will be taking note of Diagne/Okay's performances and will have a gamble on them if its for as cheap as 4 million.
(02-20-2021, 08:37 PM)wbamitch Wrote: Last 2 games have been an improvement no doubt, but he still has a way to go yet to prove he should get the job next season. The 4 signings have made a difference, but I don't think any of them will be here next season. Other clubs will be taking note of Diagne/Okay's performances and will have a gamble on them if its for as cheap as  4 million.

No - the deal on Diagne is that WE have the option - nobody else - to buy him for £4m
Everything Zin Wrote:
baggie_ray Wrote:
woodman Wrote:Made a difference? FFS. Before we had a man sent of we absolutely shite. Second half with ten men we did ok but where was the desire or the pattern of play 11v11.

We had limited possession and we couldn't pass for toffee. Not sure what the poster is on about.

I put the generally poor passing (from both sides) down to the gale blowing through the ground.

Was it windy against Utd, Sheff U, Fulham .......

Were those the games where we had the poor players playing rather than the shiny, new-and-improved ones we've got now?
(02-20-2021, 08:07 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

An almighty fuck-up by Slav I'm afraid to say - and by Dowling for giving in to him
(02-20-2021, 10:17 PM)TartanRug Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 08:07 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

An almighty fuck-up by Slav I'm afraid to say - and by Dowling for giving in to him

Correct.

One rightly gone and the other should go asap.
(02-20-2021, 09:07 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 08:37 PM)wbamitch Wrote: Last 2 games have been an improvement no doubt, but he still has a way to go yet to prove he should get the job next season. The 4 signings have made a difference, but I don't think any of them will be here next season. Other clubs will be taking note of Diagne/Okay's performances and will have a gamble on them if its for as cheap as  4 million.

No - the deal on Diagne is that WE have the option - nobody else - to buy him for £4m

He is allowed to say no. Galatasary won't care where the 4m comes from.
(02-21-2021, 12:03 AM)wbamitch Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 09:07 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:

He is allowed to say no. Galatasary won't care where the 4m comes from.

No that’s not how it works. The player has to have pre-agreed terms to enable the two clubs to have agreed an option to buy. Otherwise the option is worthless.