Allardyce is slowly making a difference
(02-20-2021, 05:20 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: The team looks fitter under Allardyce. Each time we went down to 10 men under Bilic we crumbled.
The new players have made a huge impact. We are no longer having to rely on wide players who can play up front but have a proper striker in Diagne. Okay can tackle (unlike Sawyers). AMN has legs (unlike Livermore)

Was thinking this today... granted Burnley had played mid week, but we just looked so much fitter and sharper than they did... the final 15 mins we should have put the game to bed as our levels were so much higher than theirs.

(02-20-2021, 06:10 PM)woodman Wrote: Made a difference? FFS. Before we had a man sent of we absolutely shite. Second half with ten men we did ok but where was the desire or the pattern of play 11v11.

We had limited possession and we couldn't pass for toffee. Not sure what the poster is on about.

We really weren’t.

It was a typically cagey first 15 mins between a side that couldn’t lose and a side that have struggled at home recently...
We all thought that after the Wolves game..

The new signings have helped but I remain unconvinced about Allardyce keeping the job beyond this season. We have a couple of winnable games coming up, I hope to see a win or two.
His post match comments on the OS are spot on. I must admit I do find myself warming to his habit of saying the players were shit, when they were shit and that they did well, when they did well.

We certainly seem fitter and kept going for 90 mins today with only 1 sub made. That was a big bugbear with Bilic
(02-20-2021, 06:28 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: His post match comments on the OS are spot on. I must admit I do find myself warming to his habit of saying the players were shit, when they were shit and that they did well, when they did well.

We certainly seem fitter and kept going for 90 mins today with only 1 sub made. That was a big bugbear with Bilic

“Honest Sam”.  It might catch on!
(02-20-2021, 06:30 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 06:28 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: His post match comments on the OS are spot on. I must admit I do find myself warming to his habit of saying the players were shit, when they were shit and that they did well, when they did well.

“Honest Sam”.  It might catch on!

Sounds like a dodgy second-hand car dealer. Big Grin
(02-20-2021, 05:15 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: So frustrating that bar AMN this squad minus Grant could have started the season.

If he wants to stay next season so long as this level continues I won't be against it.
How do you know this? I admit I'd never heard of Diagne or Okay before the season started. I'd have thought we'd have heard rumours of these names...
BFS has already earned a go at the EFL - with a few leavers and the chance to add more grit and energy
to the squad. it's a win win.
(02-20-2021, 05:08 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I think we can now see that the squad was far too flimsy before Allardyce arrived and if we had started the season with him and the current squad we would not be in the mess we are in now. I would still give him next season to get us back up if he’s interested in the job. Far better bet than starting over again.

He has identified the weaknesses we had all identified on here and replaced most of those positions. He must have read this bored Big Grin
woodman Wrote:Made a difference? FFS. Before we had a man sent of we absolutely shite. Second half with ten men we did ok but where was the desire or the pattern of play 11v11.

We had limited possession and we couldn't pass for toffee. Not sure what the poster is on about.

I put the generally poor passing (from both sides) down to the gale blowing through the ground.
(02-20-2021, 07:01 PM)baggie_ray Wrote:
woodman Wrote:Made a difference? FFS. Before we had a man sent of we absolutely shite. Second half with ten men we did ok but where was the desire or the pattern of play 11v11.

I put the generally poor passing (from both sides) down to the gale blowing through the ground.

Was it windy against Utd, Sheff U, Fulham .......