Allardyce is slowly making a difference
(02-28-2021, 05:40 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 05:18 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 04:28 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
Birdman1811 Wrote:Appleton is also an extremely well regarded coach which certainly can't be said of Ferguson. He's also achieved pretty amazing results when actually given some time to enact things, his issue has been bad decision making when choosing jobs, however it's meant he knows how to deal with bad times too.

He is also very understanding of modern football and the difference in management now compared to 10-20 years ago. Something important for a club such as ours where the manager doesn't have total control by any means.

He instills discipline and plays, good but sensible football where fitness, work rate and determination are key traits. He improves players and builds strong squad dynamics.

He isn't the only one on my shortlist, but he's probably my favourite should we go for someone different.

This. He ticks the right boxes for me. Similar to when we appointed RDM and further back, Atkinson.  I take Derek's point about bias because he played for Albion but as long as he is a quality coach, that is just to our advantage. We can't simply un know him. I'm open minded for now because a lot of games will happen before May and neither Allardyce nor Appleton or AN Other need be concerned with anything other than doing their jobs for mow.

Good reply TJ I’m open minded. Any manager that comes in has to get promotion that’s my expectation. Staying in the Championship for any length of time will see us where Blues are now.

Agree there. We can spend an absolute maximum of 2 years down there, and ideally want to go straight back up. No talk of 3 or 4 year projects, they simply don't exist.

Absolutely this, Birdy. 2 years to get out with the parachutes (we will only get 2 years worth because we haven't survived more than 1 year in the Prem), or Game Over for a very long time.
Just heard Paradise by Coldplay and it gave me a idea for a future chant when we're all back at the Hawthorns next season and have a new manager.

"Derek dreamed of Allar-Allar-Allardyce
Allar-Allar-Allardyce
Allar-Allar-Allardyce
Everytime he closed his eyes"

Wink
(02-28-2021, 08:32 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Just heard Paradise by Coldplay and it gave me a idea for a future chant when we're all back at the Hawthorns next season and have a new manager.

"Derek dreamed of Allar-Allar-Allardyce
Allar-Allar-Allardyce
Allar-Allar-Allardyce
Everytime he closed his eyes"

Wink

Coldplay are terrible
Although we won on Saturday, it really was just a fluke result, which just shows you how poor we really are. Brighton are likely the team we would have to overhaul to stay up. To be honest we have no chance.
(03-01-2021, 11:30 AM)LIMABAGGIE Wrote: Although we won on Saturday, it really was just a fluke result, which just shows you how poor we really are. Brighton are likely the team we would have to overhaul to stay up. To be honest we have no chance.

Results business.

Three points. Thank you very much.
Results business indeed.

2 wins in 14 games...
(03-01-2021, 09:11 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Results business indeed.

2 wins in 14 games...

‘His players, his squad, bla bla bla’
(03-01-2021, 09:11 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Results business indeed.

2 wins in 14 games...

We will be fine.
LIMABAGGIE Wrote:Although we won on Saturday, it really was just a fluke result, which just shows you how poor we really are. Brighton are likely the team we would have to overhaul to stay up. To be honest we have no chance.

After watching Brighton.... They only needed to draw to keep a healthy gap yet couldn't manage that even with the help of 2 penalties. Not convinced at all.
@evertontoffee
Fat Sam said he could take us into the top 4. Thursday he can lol.