Mad Mick
Won again.

Decent bloke and a great manager at that level.
He is indeed, Ipswich must regret letting him go.
(02-16-2021, 10:12 PM)mickeypearce Wrote: He is indeed, Ipswich must regret letting him go.

Almost as much as not letting Lambert go.

Has to be something going on there, cannot understand why they haven’t sacked him yet!
(02-16-2021, 10:12 PM)mickeypearce Wrote: He is indeed, Ipswich must regret letting him go.

He fucked off early after fans bad reactions to a substitution he made during his last game that they won.
(02-16-2021, 11:22 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:

He fucked off early after fans bad reactions to a substitution he made during his last game that they won.

Did a great job getting them challenging for the playoffs, fans were not happy with his style of play though from what I remember, wonder what they think now.
Loved the Ipswich game at Norwich a couple of years back where Ipswich equalised late on and McCarthy shouts "fuck off" at the Ipswich fans during the celebrations.
I've met Mick McCarthy.

It was at the Dingles training ground and he was more than happy to have his photo taken with me when I was in a Bathams shirt there.

I showed the photo to a Dingle I know through work. I thought his reaction was a bit extreme. E wor appy.
(02-17-2021, 08:17 AM)mickeypearce Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 11:22 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:

Did a great job getting them challenging for the playoffs, fans were not happy with his style of play though from what I remember, wonder what they think now.

He did and on a budget of thruppence h'appeney. They wanted next level. He also lost it with the Dingles in a Prem game v Swansea. Fans were having a go barracking for Dings to get forward and attack then conceded 2 quick goals while doing so. Mad Mick made a couple of subs and the fans went ballistic singing "you don't know what you're doing". Dings then scored 2 goals to salvage a point and MM was apoplectic with the Moulinex 'faithfull'.
Md Mick seems like one of footballs more genuine blokes, not blaming the ref every time his team loses or criticising other people in public etc. Interestingly, a bloke I work with wanted us to appoint him instead of Big Dave, even now says Mad Mick would have been good for us.
I used to work with Clipboard's lad (absolutely fantastic kid tbf) and he says his Uncle Mick is the funniest bloke he's ever met.