Your current level of interest in Albion?
(02-07-2021, 01:45 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: This thread is the equivalent of a hospital ward during WW1 where everyone in it is lying there with a hole in their foot made by a bullet from their own gun to get out the trenches. Man up ffs and as soon as we can, get up there and get behind the team. If you don't you'll end up with your pants on your head and pencils up your nose while repeatedly saying 'wibble'

What kind of post is that! It’s just most of us fans who aren’t enjoying a truly shit season. How do you propose we get behind the team as we can only see them lamely losing game after game in empty stadiums on telly? Smiling emojis on the Facebook sites? A clap at  full time outside our homes?
I was just as enthusiastic in my support of the team this season as I ever have been, even when things started to go downhill. I looked forward to our matches and watched every minute of them in any way I could. I made peace with the fact we would most likely be relegated a couple of months ago.

When we got our draw in Slav’s last game against City I felt energised and enthused. We had just gone to the home of one of the best club teams in the world, we rode our luck and took a very unexpected point. In the long term it probably wasn’t going to save us from the drop but it was the most positive I had felt all season. I expected the feel goo factor from that point to carry me through until our next game. And then the news broke about Slav getting the sack and the fat Dingle replacing him. Literally within an hour of feeling as positive as I had all season I now felt as if I’d been punched in the stomach. I still feel that way now. I would have preferred to go down under Slav and I would have been behind him and the team all the way. I find it very hard to summon any enthusiasm now with that fat, bent bastard in charge. If he had actually improved us maybe I would feel different. Allardyce is as I likeable as Pardew and on current evidence is equally as fucking useless. Fuck him off and let’s start over with somebody who isn’t here just for the money.
Haven't watched a full game, ours or anyone else since we beat blues 3-2. Cannot get on board with empty stadiums and even if we weren't doing dreadfully the prem is a grim watch. VAR is horrendous, the commentary (knowledge of teams outside the big ones and general understanding of tactics and conveying that to the audience) is pap.

Used to watch every single game at all hours but I've broke that habit and dunno when / if it'll come back. I've spent more time on this dump than watching games!

Still coach the school teams and play so still enjoy the game.