Let this sink in
(01-27-2021, 10:54 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Sam has been successful at every other club in this situation. Is he all of a sudden a bad manager? Or is he working with shit players who've underperformed since lockdown?

Out of the game nearly 3 years. It shows imo. He's working with shit players but he isn't what he was imo.

Good coaches get more out of players. He's made them worse......
(01-27-2021, 09:39 AM)boingingbaggie Wrote: allardyce
4 pts from 7 games average .57
goals conceded 22 average 3.1 per game
goals scored 5 average .71 per game

bilic
7 pts from 13 games average .53
Goals conceded 26 average 2 per game
goals scored 10 average .76 per game

The goals per game average is the most alarming but has he really made us that worse? When you think in those 7 games we've faced 5 of the current top 9 in the division.

Which is why the majority of the blame for me lies with the bloke who thought Krovinovic should be our main midfield signing. Who spent all summer pursuing Karlan fugging Grant and who thought Ivanovic was the answer to our centre half problems.

The one criticism I do have of BFS is that he doesn't seem to know what to play. He's not trying to make us difficult to beat (Furlong and Gibbs as your full backs against Man City show that). He keeps on about clean sheets but then doesn't really seem to pick a team that mirrors that.

The club is a mess. To be honest I'd be tempted to pull the plug on BFS if we don't win Saturday and give it someone like Appleton with sights set firmly on next season in the Chump. The last time we went down we got a bit of pride back with Big Dave at the end of the Premier League season and that carried over to the next season. If we stick with Allardyce then bring someone in in the summer with a major rebuild to carry out I'm not sure a promotion push will be on the cards.

My lad made the point last night. What was the point of bringing in BFS, who can organise a defence etc, when we have no defenders who can actually defend, or a decent defensive midfielder.
If we do get rid of BFS, who do we bring in? Would Appleton come here to get relegated, or wait till we are already down, or is Dowling already looking around for other potential managers / coaches? Either way, hope to God we don`t go for more has beens / failures like Coleman, Boothroyd, Hughes etc.
Do you think Billic would’ve got that result at wolves.....I doubt it....do you think Billic would’ve lost the games Sam has lost, probably
(01-27-2021, 11:57 AM)Loanee Wrote: Do you think Billic would’ve got that result at wolves.....I doubt it....do you think Billic would’ve lost the games Sam has lost, probably

And that sums it all up, supposition, Bilic got a well deserved draw away to Man City the night he was sacked.
(01-27-2021, 12:04 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 11:57 AM)Loanee Wrote: Do you think Billic would’ve got that result at wolves.....I doubt it....do you think Billic would’ve lost the games Sam has lost, probably

And that sums it all up, supposition, Bilic got a well deserved draw away to Man City the night he was sacked.

City probably dominated that game more than last night but SJ kept us in it.
(01-27-2021, 09:12 AM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 08:38 AM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: Allardyce would have been aware of the finances, that’s basic stuff. He would have been given the numbers & known options were either the likes of Snodgrass and loans until end of the season

It’s obvious that it’s more about not being able to attract anyone good enough on the basis of short term deals etc

I think they’d be happy to pay the wages (as they did with Sturridge & others) but so far clubs won’t allow players to leave and if they are players don’t fancy us

Very few players have moved so far

He got lied to by the cunts in charge.

Definitely sounds like it
(01-27-2021, 12:08 PM)HugeHons Wrote:

That’s bollox tbh.
(01-27-2021, 12:13 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 09:12 AM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 08:38 AM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: Allardyce would have been aware of the finances, that’s basic stuff. He would have been given the numbers & known options were either the likes of Snodgrass and loans until end of the season

It’s obvious that it’s more about not being able to attract anyone good enough on the basis of short term deals etc

I think they’d be happy to pay the wages (as they did with Sturridge & others) but so far clubs won’t allow players to leave and if they are players don’t fancy us

Very few players have moved so far

He got lied to by the cunts in charge.

Definitely sounds like it

Then why doesn't he walk away ??
Why should he lose money because he was lied too I bet you woulnt walk out.....
(01-27-2021, 12:19 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 12:08 PM)HugeHons Wrote:

That’s bollox tbh.

The stats back it up if you look.