Musa
(01-25-2021, 09:27 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 08:31 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: All pretty underwhelming stuff re the transfers so far.
Was hoping that Big Sam agreeing to come might have meant a bit of real backing for incoming players.
I know we should know better !
Still a few days yet to see something I suppose.

From the off it was stated by Sam that it would be loans or short term contracts. We simply don't have any money for transfer fees.

And we’ve already committed to spending part of the next 5 years transfer fees on Grant.
He did great in my Fifa 18 WBA league and cup double winners team.

Haven't seen much of him since then...
Big Sam is looking at the bargain basement
tiptontown Wrote:
Tom Joad Wrote:
Fulham Fallout Wrote:
Birdman1811 Wrote:China has been pretty reliable for itk stuff last couple of windows.

Ronnie Wallwork used to be the one poster ITK, until his sauce left the club.

Who was the ITK guy up the tree at the training ground, it was a joke I presume?

I think that was Walsall baggie. Usually pretty reliable itk about incomings.
I think it was said on here previously that he had passed away sadly.

Sorry to hear that, sympathies to anyone that knew him.
It is worth noting that many of the seasons that Musa has played 20+ games his record is 1 in 3. Can't really knock that.

He seems to me to be a player that has had moves (Leicester mainly) based on his potential, but never been given enough games to prove it as the clubs have had great squads.

Hes then had a bit of go around in the money leagues like Asamoah Gyan. Now it's whether he wants to test himself again. One things for sure he's got shit loads of pace and can finish. So its a start.
(01-25-2021, 01:22 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: It is worth noting that many of the seasons that Musa has played 20+ games his record is 1 in 3. Can't really knock that.

He seems to me to be a player that has had moves (Leicester mainly) based on his potential, but never been given enough games to prove it as the clubs have had great squads.

Hes then had a bit of go around in the money leagues like Asamoah Gyan. Now it's whether he wants to test himself again. One things for sure he's got shit loads of pace and can finish. So its a start.

Can`t argue with that Lurker. Hope he does offer something.

My one fear is, I still worry about our track record with Nigerian internationals.  Udeze, Anichebe, Ideye. Please let him be better than them.
(01-25-2021, 02:04 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 01:22 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: It is worth noting that many of the seasons that Musa has played 20+ games his record is 1 in 3. Can't really knock that.

Can`t argue with that Lurker. Hope he does offer something.

My one fear is, I still worry about our track record with Nigerian internationals.  Udeze, Anichebe, Ideye. Please let him be better than them.

Kanu was alright, if it was true that he was Nigerian.

Given that he was forever 27 years old, it wouldn't surprise me if he was lying about that too.

Joking aside, when we were after Schlupp, it was BFS that came in and just bought him for Palace. 

Imagine us ever having a budget that allowed us to get what we wanted without scratching around for pennies. 

I really thought BFS would only have come if given a budget of around £20-30m because Lai was shitting himself about relegation, and those players would be in for the winnable games against West ham and Fulham. 

Even though I have supported Albion as far back as I can remember, I cannot believe I was so naive as to believe what I wrote in the preceeding paragraph.