Das Boot
I finished watching this tv series (16 hour long episodes) this week and would recommend it as long as you don’t mind sub titles as the language is mainly in spoken German and French.
Not for me thanks.

I struggle with Engilsh.
I thought this fred was going to be about BFS banning stupidly coloured boots.
(01-22-2021, 11:03 AM)MrFizz Wrote: I thought this fred was going to be about BFS banning stupidly coloured boots.

Massive bug bear of mine. There should be a choice between Copa Mondial and Puma King and that's it. Ends.
Saw the film when it was released in 81 so never fancied watching the tv series.
It sunk faster than the Albion.
I thought we’d just signed this fella! 

New signing up top...
(01-22-2021, 11:20 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Saw the film when it was released in 81 so never fancied watching the tv series.
The film was just a heavily butchered edit of the TV serial. The TV version was far more watchable. Characters could be more defined and the atmosphere and heightened tension of battle given the time to be impactful. 
Loved the serial, extremely disappointed when I bought the DVD of the film.
FF might be on about the remake that was on recently?
Saw the original which was useful as I was doing German o level at the time. The last one I saw recently was where the local gestapo guy took a fancy to a girl in the resistance if I remember correctly. Thought it was pretty good.