Festivals
With Glastonbury confirmed cancelled, looks set to be a grim year.
(01-21-2021, 02:02 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: With Glastonbury confirmed cancelled, looks set to be a grim year.

Never heard anyone on here mention Glastonbury before.
its probably more to do with its size and the planning up front - maybe some of the smaller festivals will be ok
Be lucky to have festivals in 2022 IMO, let alone this year.
Disappointed to see it confirmed but I never really thought there was a realistic likelihood of it going ahead. To go in four months from total lockdown to 250,000 people partying on a 900 acre site for five days was always a little ambitious. They’ve cancelled early because as POP alludes to, they start building the site in February/March so they’ve taken the decision before any work is started or money spent.

I’m hopeful that if the vaccination programme continues at pace we might see a return to gatherings and concerts from September, but I fear we’re looking at another barren summer.
(01-21-2021, 02:50 PM)Duffers Wrote: Disappointed to see it confirmed but I never really thought there was a realistic likelihood of it going ahead. To go in four months from total lockdown to 250,000 people partying on a 900 acre site for five days was always a little ambitious. They’ve cancelled early because as POP alludes to, they start building the site in February/March so they’ve taken the decision before any work is started or money spent.

I’m hopeful that if the vaccination programme continues at pace we might see a return to gatherings and concerts from September, but I fear we’re looking at another barren summer.

Most events / shows / exhibitions are planning for next year. Big risk even for small festivals even as far away as September.
(01-21-2021, 03:18 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 02:50 PM)Duffers Wrote: Disappointed to see it confirmed but I never really thought there was a realistic likelihood of it going ahead. To go in four months from total lockdown to 250,000 people partying on a 900 acre site for five days was always a little ambitious. They’ve cancelled early because as POP alludes to, they start building the site in February/March so they’ve taken the decision before any work is started or money spent.

Most events / shows / exhibitions are planning for next year. Big risk even for small festivals even as far away as September.

Was thinking more one-off gigs by the end of the year.
Can see all seater events happening at the end of the year with social distancing no way will there be standing.
I'm fearing for my Euros tickets, faw shaw. The missus and daughter might be alright with Elton John in November if vaccinations are all rolled out by then.
(01-21-2021, 04:00 PM)Fido Wrote: I'm fearing for my Euros tickets, faw shaw. The missus and daughter might be alright with Elton John in November if vaccinations are all rolled out by then.

He's not my cup of tea but I wouldn't be vaccinated against him.