Leicester
They broke FFP when they got promoted and were fined peanuts 
They got incredibly lucky with Mahrez, Vardy and Kante signed for nothing 
Their owners are incredibly generous. Not only do they reinvest the vast transfer fees they receive, they help out with deserving cases in the community 
They’re everything we’re not. Bastards
(01-19-2021, 10:54 PM)Pipes of Peace Wrote: Maddison is bloody brilliant.  and helping my fantasy football team along this season too!

Maddison is one of those local(ish) lads that when they first break into the team you think "they look so good, surely the Albion will be interested?" and inevitably they go elsewhere. Seem to remember thinking the same about Redmond and Demari Gray when they were at Bloose. I saw Maddison running a game for Cov against Port Vale and it was clear he was mustard.
(01-20-2021, 05:05 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: They broke FFP when they got promoted and were fined peanuts 
Their owners are incredibly generous. Not only do they reinvest the vast transfer fees they receive, they help out with deserving cases in the community 

Is that lucky or just a good scouting system? OK, you're never going to know exactly how things will pan out but they did their job in getting them the title then earned the club millions when sold (well, taking out Vardy, obviously).
Went to Leicester Uni so always look for their results. I'd prefer them to win it again rather than the usual suspects, even if Vardy seems to hate us for some reason. They have bought and sold very well but lets not pretend they haven't been bankrolled just as much as any of the other title challengers. A generous owner is pretty much a requirement in this day and age.
(01-20-2021, 05:29 PM)Fido Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 05:05 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: They broke FFP when they got promoted and were fined peanuts 

Is that lucky or just a good scouting system? OK, you're never going to know exactly how things will pan out but they did their job in getting them the title then earned the club millions when sold (well, taking out Vardy, obviously).

Sounds like smart buying and scouting to me.
According to Football Yearbook 2020-2021 our record sale is £16.5 million for Rondon

They have Maguire, Kante, Chillwell and Mahrez at well above that and there may be others
(01-20-2021, 05:56 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote: According to Football Yearbook 2020-2021 our record sale is £16.5 million for Rondon

They have Maguire, Kante, Chillwell and Mahrez at well above that and there may be others

About £230m for those four.
(01-20-2021, 05:17 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 10:54 PM)Pipes of Peace Wrote: Maddison is bloody brilliant.  and helping my fantasy football team along this season too!

Maddison is one of those local(ish) lads that when they first break into the team you think "they look so good, surely the Albion will be interested?" and inevitably they go elsewhere. Seem to remember thinking the same about Redmond and Demari Gray when they were at Bloose. I saw Maddison running a game for Cov against Port Vale and it was clear he was mustard.

You can add Callum Wilson to that list. Quite ridiculous we didn't sign any of them
(01-20-2021, 06:37 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 05:56 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote: According to Football Yearbook 2020-2021 our record sale is £16.5 million for Rondon

About £230m for those four.

And still they're up there - smart business!
(01-20-2021, 06:49 PM)aj21 Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 05:17 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote:

You can add Callum Wilson to that list. Quite ridiculous we didn't sign any of them

We went for Kaylden Brown.