Positives
Supamart Wrote:
HugeHons Wrote:
Supamart Wrote:We have gone.

Supamart

More than likely,but I want us to at least go down fighting

Agree HH.

But the outcome is now inevitable.

I'll bet you said that many times in 2005. We are in an almost identical situation to then and got out of it, even with some desperately demoralising results in the 2nd half of that season.

Keep the faith  Shy
(01-19-2021, 08:03 PM)baggie_ray Wrote:
Supamart Wrote:
HugeHons Wrote:

Supamart

Agree HH.

I'll bet you said that many times in 2005. We are in an almost identical situation to then and got out of it, even with some desperately demoralising results in the 2nd half of that season.

Keep the faith  Shy

No, the players had more bottle.
O’Shea was immense & should have got MOTM
(01-19-2021, 07:59 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote: With a couple of additions I'm confident we can get the 8 wins needed from the 19 remaining games

Not sure we'll need 8 wins. 6 wins, 7 draws should do it.
Cant see a side who concede over 2 goals a game staying up though.
(01-19-2021, 08:09 PM)B36baggie Wrote: O’Shea was immense & should have got MOTM

Not so much immense, made some great blocks. But he was skinned for 90 odd minutes, as was Gibbs. 2 fullbacks of quality are a must.
MrFizz Wrote:Not too down after that. 2 good chances to get a point. West Ham didnt create much, both goals scrambles in the box. SJ not really tested. We looked far more solid and determined.

C'rect.  Good to see us change formation a couple of times too.  We have a few more options now as well as being better organised. Just could do with getting 1st to the ball on our own box. It's cost us a good few goals of late. At least we are showing some fight.
1. OShea deserved a point. As did Pereira.

2. None of them stopped trying. But we still need to get fitter, more confident and a few more players in.

Next 3 games? We need to get 6 points from Man City, Fulham and Shef Utd.

But TBH so long as we play with more passion - as we have begun to - then I dont mind. Relegation isnt important: it's the parachute payments and another promotion that really matter!
(01-19-2021, 08:14 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 07:59 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote: With a couple of additions I'm confident we can get the 8 wins needed from the 19 remaining games

Not sure we'll need 8 wins. 6 wins, 7 draws should do it.
Cant see a side who concede over 2 goals a game staying up though.

5 out of the next 8 are what you would call 'winnable'. Sheff U, Fulham, Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle.
(01-19-2021, 08:07 PM)Supamart Wrote:
Supamart Wrote:
HugeHons Wrote:

Supamart

Agree HH.

Keep the faith  Shy

They got whipped 4-0 at Blues that season and pummelled 5-0 at home v Liverpool and I imagine you’d be just as hard on them in Jan 2005. 

We all know the odds are strongly against us but see what the squad is like in a couple of weeks.
(01-19-2021, 08:23 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 08:07 PM)Supamart Wrote:
Supamart Wrote:
HugeHons Wrote:More than likely,but I want us to at least go down fighting

Agree HH.

Keep the faith  Shy

They got whipped 4-0 at Blues that season and pummelled 5-0 at home v Liverpool and I imagine you’d be just as hard on them in Jan 2005. 

We all know the odds are strongly against us but see what the squad is like in a couple of weeks.

Absolutely.