West Ham Match Thread
(01-19-2021, 08:56 PM)dpb2002 Wrote: 4 new signings are needed - RB CB CM and Striker all needed still plus add in Grady and Snodgrass to the 11 plus grant on the bench and things could improve a lot more than we have seen even in the last 2 games

Getting those 4 in however is always an issue for us

It's four first team players we need, agreed.

It shows the shite we signed in the summer.

Let's hope the club back Sam.
-28 goal difference says it all!
(01-19-2021, 08:47 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 08:14 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: It’s clear Allardyce has made us a better team over the last couple of games. Sadly the squad isn’t strong enough, without new players no amount of tactical or fitness work will make a difference.

Well it depends what the baseline is. He's definitely made us better than the tonkings v Leeds, Arsenal and Villa for which he was in charge, but equally we performed well against Spurs, Man United, Burnley under Bilic. 

I think it's really too early to judge. I hope that's right but the real test is where we are after Fulham and Sheff U

Burnley? Did you watch that game.  

We had games under Bilic where we played well but I’d say we now look like a competitive PL side.  You could say we looked much better than we did against Palace, Fulham or Southampton instead.

We didn’t lose tonight because of our set-up, lack of fitness or heads dropping etc.  Every player actually looked like they knew what they were supposed to do, although they didn’t always do it! That’s never been a mangers fault.  A couple of individual errors cost us.  Yes like it did against Spurs when we could have got a point.

We’ve got a side that we pretty much asked for - work hard, well drilled, competitive and having a go.  Don’t blame BFS for the quality of players we have not being good enough.  He didn’t sign Kroc instead of Snodgrass...
滚开赖
(01-19-2021, 09:06 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 08:14 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: It’s clear Allardyce has made us a better team over the last couple of games. Sadly the squad isn’t strong enough, without new players no amount of tactical or fitness work will make a difference.

Well it depends what the baseline is. He's definitely made us better than the tonkings v Leeds, Arsenal and Villa for which he was in charge, but equally we performed well against Spurs, Man United, Burnley under Bilic. 

I think it's really too early to judge. I hope that's right but the real test is where we are after Fulham and Sheff U

We had games under Bilic where we played well but I’d say we now look like a competitive PL side.  You could say we looked much better than we did against Palace, Fulham or Southampton instead.

We didn’t lose tonight because of our set-up, lack of fitness or heads dropping etc.  Every player actually looked like they knew what they were supposed to do, although they didn’t always do it! That’s never been a mangers fault.  A couple of individual errors cost us.  Yes like it did against Spurs when we could have got a point.

We’ve got a side that we pretty much asked for - work hard, well drilled, competitive and having a go.  Don’t blame BFS for the quality of players we have not being good enough.  He didn’t sign Kroc instead of Snodgrass...
Good post.

It also showed for me that BFS isn't another Pulis as some think, he does like us to get the ball forward quickly so more long balls up there but we played some half decent stuff and it was entertaining enough.
Agree with the above.
I'd much prefer Kroc than Sawyers. And anyone who thinks we will survive with Field or Sawyers in the DM role is slightly deluded. I can't believe how naive and lightweight Sawyers is.
I think the last couple of games have been a step forward in terms of application and endeavour and, in fairness, that's really the minimum we've asked for so already an improvement. However, seeing us constantly give the ball away in possession has to be the next major area to be addressed. West Ham got hold of the ball, had a couple of options and tried getting the ball wide to be able to get ball into the box. I have to disagree with those that say we looked like a competitive PL team last night; it was like a competitive lower league team, no more.

Anyway, on the positive side there is more work being done on the defensive side so just need to build on that and see where it takes us.

I completely agree, but the whole point is that it's been two games. We occasionally looked like a competitive PL side under Bilic; and this is speaking as someone who thought it was the right decision to get rid of him. I really hope the improvement continues but it's too early to say that it will. I'm confident however that we've gotten over the few weeks of getting spanked repeatedly.

You're putting quite a few words in my mouth here. I'm not blaming Allardyce for anything and I'm genuinely not slagging him off. I think we have a much better chance staying up now, but I've watched football too long to think that 2 games mean anything at all.

Also I'd be careful lauding Snodgrass after one game. I reckon he'll be a success but after Ivanovic's first game people were lauding our best defender, an absolute class act etc.