Phil Spector RIP
(01-17-2021, 10:12 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 10:01 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: I've got a solution, whenever Saville is on a TV screen a fully visible white text with a black background that takes up 3/4 of the screen explicitly states that Saville raped children and dead bodies, and they give him the Gerry Adams treatment and alter his voice.

Or we could realise that broadcast corporations do not want to air anything controversial that would paint them in a bad light, and this has always been the case. Johnny Rotten was banned by the Beeb for calling their beloved Saville out.

And this is where a bigger debate comes into play on platforms like YouTube, Twitter etc and veers into the whole policing of the net. Why should they publish it without as much as a mention. There’ll always be people outraged at something. We all have parameters. We get people outraged on here l, unable to sleep, for someone saying Sawyers did ok. 
As I said I think there has to be much tighter policies regarding the net, taste etc. 
Trump has moved this on, but that’s even bigger as a topic.

This isn't new and isn't anything to do with the internet giants, it's a longstanding phenomenon that goes back centuries, probably millennia. Businesses do not like controversy and they won't publish anything they think will be bad for their publicity, this has always been the case.

You're getting far too worked about this, blaming modern society and internet culture for something that has been around since before everyone on this board (including Ferenc) and has nothing to do with the internet. The BBC does not want to put old videos of TOTP on that feature Saville as he was a child rapist and they don't want anymore controversy especially given the fallout about their former executives trying to keep it hush hush, again for image reasons. Surely you know that would go down like a heavy shit in a toilet.
(01-17-2021, 10:33 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 10:12 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 10:01 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: I've got a solution, whenever Saville is on a TV screen a fully visible white text with a black background that takes up 3/4 of the screen explicitly states that Saville raped children and dead bodies, and they give him the Gerry Adams treatment and alter his voice.

Or we could realise that broadcast corporations do not want to air anything controversial that would paint them in a bad light, and this has always been the case. Johnny Rotten was banned by the Beeb for calling their beloved Saville out.

And this is where a bigger debate comes into play on platforms like YouTube, Twitter etc and veers into the whole policing of the net. Why should they publish it without as much as a mention. There’ll always be people outraged at something. We all have parameters. We get people outraged on here l, unable to sleep, for someone saying Sawyers did ok. 
As I said I think there has to be much tighter policies regarding the net, taste etc. 
Trump has moved this on, but that’s even bigger as a topic.

This isn't new and isn't anything to do with the internet giants, it's a longstanding phenomenon that goes back centuries, probably millennia. Businesses do not like controversy and they won't publish anything they think will be bad for their publicity, this has always been the case.

You're getting far too worked about this, blaming modern society and internet culture for something that has been around since before everyone on this board (including Ferenc) and has nothing to do with the internet. The BBC does not want to put old videos of TOTP on that feature Saville as he was a child rapist and they don't want anymore controversy especially given the fallout about their former executives trying to keep it hush hush, again for image reasons. Surely you know that would go down like a heavy shit in a toilet.
I’m not remotely worked up. Calmly sipping coco. 
You are right that it’s an age old debate but the internet is a beast completely like no other. Anyway that’s my lot. I’m off to read Obama’s autobiography for an hour. Sleep well and I hope you all contact at least one Wolves fan tomorrow.
As if to illustrate some of the points raised in this thread. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55702855
(01-18-2021, 09:30 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: As if to illustrate some of the points raised in this thread. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55702855

Murdering a woman is quite a flaw....