Favourite track by.... Vol 266
The Icicle Works

Love Is A Wonderful Colour
Understanding Jane
One of those bands I'll never understand how they didn't get bigger. Fun fact Ian McNabb is a first cousin of Micky Forsyth, who played for us in the mid 80s. Added fun fact, Micky Forsyth's ex-wife lives 2 doors from me.
Oh, by the way: Love Is A Wonderful Colour!
(01-18-2021, 12:21 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: One of those bands I'll never understand how they didn't get bigger. Fun fact Ian McNabb is a first cousin of Micky Forsyth, who played for us in the mid 80s. Added fun fact, Micky Forsyth's ex-wife lives 2 doors from me.
Oh, by the way: Love Is A Wonderful Colour!

Me too.

I saw them live quite a bit, including the royal court in Liverpool and The Marquee in Wardour St where I managed to be back stage with them in that famous venue.

My bro went to see them at Leicester Uni and they said on the door it was students only and non students can’t come in.  When the band went to the venue to play my bro told Ian (singer) they wouldn’t let them in and travelled from Brum.  Ian said to my bro and a few others “follow me”.  Ian walked up to the guy at the door and said “he’s my uncle (pointing to my bro), he’s my aunt (pointing to another lad) and he’s my aunty’s dog” (pointing to another lad) “they’re all on the guest list, now let them in”
So they all got in, and for free.
Evangeline
Ian McNabb still tours (obv before Covid) and is well worth a watch as he will often do a tour of “icicle works” songs and also solo material he has put out since.

As I’ve mentioned before, his solo album “head like a rock” with Neil Young’s crazy horse is well worth a listen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DXUnqGFgd3...znh8WFj8vY
(01-18-2021, 09:04 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Love Is A Wonderful Colour

By a mile
(01-18-2021, 07:12 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 09:04 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Love Is A Wonderful Colour

By a mile

When you get chance. Have a listen to their other stuff and in particular, the link I posted above when he recorded an album with Neil Young’s crazy horse which is amazing.
Ian's scheduled to play Bilston in June...

https://www.eventim.co.uk/event/ian-mcna...-13392452/