Traore
(01-17-2021, 10:57 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Easy to be critical but he is an excellent player as we’ve seen. Without Jimenez Wolves are toothless.

Sorry but how can he be an excellent player if he's an attacking footballer with 0 goals and 1 assist in his last 23 PL games, that extends pre-Jimenez.

He's an athlete, but has had one decent season in 8 years of professional football, and even then his outputs weren't that impressive.
Excellent player, why? Because he's quick?
Has little end product.

Scares full backs due to his speed and power. However most have worked out that he doesn't need double marking and just let him get past close to the byline, he'll do fuck all. Looking back, that's exactly what Gibbs did to him yesterday.
(01-17-2021, 11:18 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Excellent player, why? Because he's quick?

Of course - just look how well Bolt did when he started playing football!  Big Grin
(01-17-2021, 11:18 AM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Excellent player, why? Because he's quick?

Reminds me of Kevin Bartlett but with an upper body transplant

As has been said, if Jimenez was fit he’d have a few assists.

Like when Downing went a whole season at Liverpool without an assist or a goal. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad player, just didn’t have players getting on the end of them!

I’d sooner have Traore than a few of our options...
(01-17-2021, 11:31 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Has little end product.

Scares full backs due to his speed and power. However most have worked out that he doesn't need double marking and just let him get past close to the byline, he'll do fuck all. Looking back, that's exactly what Gibbs did to him yesterday.

I think you're being a bit generous there.  I very much doubt Gibbs 'allowed' Traore to go past him.  

If you mean he showed him the outside I'd still say he was thinking about it once it had already happened.

In a bad run at the minute but let’s see.
I need to copyright my name for him.. The Roided hamster.