Anyone still think bringing...
(01-16-2021, 08:31 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 07:59 AM)Duffers Wrote: I wasn’t massively enthused when he joined but figured it best to get behind him rather than moan.

He needs to pull a few results out sharpish though as this is going way of Pardew.
The difference between BFS and Pardwank is BFS can point to a 20 year record of keeping teams up and improving them.

The problem is we don't need BFS, we need Paul Daniels.

We haven’t seen any evidence of that record so far though. Barring Liverpool we’ve arguably been worse than we were under Bilic.

At least Pardew brought a few positive results (Brighton, Everton, Liverpool in the Cup) before it all went to shit.
(01-16-2021, 12:39 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote: The right appointment, under the right terms.

As I have said to many folk. If we stay up, great, the circus goes on. If we go down he goes, and as long as we don't sign 5 players 28+ on daft contracts, the circus goes on.  We were fucking awful for 2/3s of Bilics reign, much worse than most managers, but got away with it as he was "smart" and "charming".

All in all, it hardly matters, money does, and we ay got any.

This is spot on.  We lose nothing in reality as we were going down anyway.
Bilic - man crushes aots
Allardyce - irrational hatred from grown men

We are where we are due to the quality of squad first and distant second coaching.

If Allardyce gets some decent players in we might stand a chance if we don’t... try not to scream and shout at a squad out of its depth it’s a futile exercise.
(01-16-2021, 09:09 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Bilic - man crushes aots

We are where we are due to the quality of squad first and distant second coaching.

If Allardyce gets some decent players in we might stand a chance if we don’t... try not to scream and shout at a squad out of its depth it’s a futile exercise.

If/when we do go down, it’ll be a re-boot anyway.

The person won’t be SA in charge. 

It’ll be Appleton. 

If we stay up, then the board made the right call, the next call is even more important.... who they sell to.
I had no idea he was using the Sinclair for player analysis. Bloody hell.
(01-16-2021, 08:51 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 08:31 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 07:59 AM)Duffers Wrote: I wasn’t massively enthused when he joined but figured it best to get behind him rather than moan.

He needs to pull a few results out sharpish though as this is going way of Pardew.
The difference between BFS and Pardwank is BFS can point to a 20 year record of keeping teams up and improving them.

The problem is we don't need BFS, we need Paul Daniels.

We haven’t seen any evidence of that record so far though. Barring Liverpool we’ve arguably been worse than we were under Bilic.

At least Pardew brought a few positive results (Brighton, Everton, Liverpool in the Cup) before it all went to shit.

Pardwank achieved 1 win in 12. BFS might emulate that, but he's not there yet.

(01-16-2021, 09:25 AM)RonnieWallwork Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 09:09 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Bilic - man crushes aots

If/when we do go down, it’ll be a re-boot anyway.

The person won’t be SA in charge. 

It’ll be Appleton. 

If we stay up, then the board made the right call, the next call is even more important.... who they sell to.
Agree with that, Ron.
I didn't particularly want Bilic sacked.

I didn't particularly want Allardyce appointed.

But let's not try to kid ourselves that
a Bilic was doing a good job and
b Allardyce doesn't have a good record as a manager.
Sam isn't impressing me so far.

But Bilic was worse than Irvine at this level.
(01-16-2021, 09:09 AM)RonnieWallwork Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 12:39 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote: The right appointment, under the right terms.

As I have said to many folk. If we stay up, great, the circus goes on. If we go down he goes, and as long as we don't sign 5 players 28+ on daft contracts, the circus goes on.  We were fucking awful for 2/3s of Bilics reign, much worse than most managers, but got away with it as he was "smart" and "charming".

All in all, it hardly matters, money does, and we ay got any.

This is spot on.  We lose nothing in reality as we were going down anyway.

True - but it’s all the tough medicine we have to take in between
I'm still certain that Bilic had as much chance of keeping us up than anyone else. I'm fairly certain that chance was very slim, and being relegated wouldn't have been disastrous. Would like to have seen what he would have aimed for in the Jan transfer window. He'd clearly spotted that centre-mid was a weakness, which he addressed (partially) by bringing in Gallagher, our best player this season along with SJ.
Still early days for BFS but, let's be honest, it's looking like it was a stupid short-sighted decision to bring in a new manager. Many felt that way at the time and nothing so far would give them cause to feel any different now.