Anyone up for the Cup?
(01-07-2021, 01:58 PM)OmarLittle Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:52 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:43 PM)OmarLittle Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:36 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: Name the last 3 away Round 3 FAC games we have won - but as a top division team.

FFFust.  Winner gets to do BFS's lunchtime run at the Chipstop tomorrow

Exeter under Pardew I think was the 3rd Round.

Preston in 2005 with an Earnshaw double perhaps? 

Struggling on others.

V good.  First wins for Partridge and Alecan

1 left

We beat Bristol City in a replay with Rondon scoring the only goal, I can’t remember which round it was in though. I can’t even distinguish which season that was actually, the second half of that last spell in the PL has all merged into one forgettable chunk of history for me.

Thats the one - 2015-16 under TP.  Dumbo, the Peterboro game was a 4th round replay.

There has been a 4th away win for us in the 3rd round - PL era
(01-07-2021, 05:01 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:43 PM)OmarLittle Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:36 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: Name the last 3 away Round 3 FAC games we have won - but as a top division team.

FFFust.  Winner gets to do BFS's lunchtime run at the Chipstop tomorrow

Exeter under Pardew I think was the 3rd Round.

Struggling on others.

1 left

We beat Bristol City in a replay with Rondon scoring the only goal, I can’t remember which round it was in though. I can’t even distinguish which season that was actually, the second half of that last spell in the PL has all merged into one forgettable chunk of history for me.

Thats the one - 2015-16 under TP.  Dumbo, the Peterboro game was a 4th round replay.

Peterborough again? Drew first game at home then beat them away. The season we got relegated under Mowbray?
(01-07-2021, 05:16 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 05:01 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:43 PM)OmarLittle Wrote: Exeter under Pardew I think was the 3rd Round.

Struggling on others.

1 left

Peterborough again? Drew first game at home then beat them away. The season we got relegated under Mowbray?

Youve nailed it pal.  A brief revival in mid Jan in what was a depressing 08/09 season
Hopalong Wrote:4th and 5th round draws are both on Monday night for the first time  Dodgy .  

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/jan/06/e...s-20210601

Another departure from tradition which is happening more and more.   Makes it more intriguing I guess if you get through and may see stronger team selections than otherwise at the weekend.
So, the 4th and 5th round draw is done on the same night? This, for me, knocks a huge hole in any attraction. Let's just say we get past Blackpool and get rewarded with a League 2 side at home in R4, no one will bother with it if the winner gets to play away at Liverpool, Chelsea or Man City. It's the idea that anything may be possible that is the attraction of the cup, remove that and replace it with the inevitability we'll play someone better at some stage and it spoils the dream.
(01-07-2021, 05:27 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
Hopalong Wrote:4th and 5th round draws are both on Monday night for the first time  Dodgy .  

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/jan/06/e...s-20210601

Another departure from tradition which is happening more and more.   Makes it more intriguing I guess if you get through and may see stronger team selections than otherwise at the weekend.
So, the 4th and 5th round draw is done on the same night? This, for me, knocks a huge hole in any attraction. Let's just say we get past Blackpool and get rewarded with a League 2 side at home in R4, no one will bother with it if the winner gets to play away at Liverpool, Chelsea or Man City. It's the idea that anything may be possible that is the attraction of the cup, remove that and replace it with the inevitability we'll play someone better at some stage and it spoils the dream.

If it were Liverpool or Chelsea I'd be quietly confident at the moment  Wink