Grant
(01-05-2021, 10:18 PM)The liquidator Wrote: First impressions bone idle no hunger for the shirt.

He's lazy but he can reverse that.

His complete lack of talent and abi!ity is not so easily rectified.

(01-05-2021, 10:18 PM)The liquidator Wrote: First impressions bone idle no hunger for the shirt.

He's lazy but he can reverse that.

His complete lack of talent and abi!ity is not so easily rectified.

That's just ridiculous. Firstly, he doesn't stroll around not trying, he just isn't very good when he tries. Secondly "no hunger for the shirt" is meaningless. How do you demonstrate hunger for the shirt?
(01-05-2021, 10:51 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:

That's just ridiculous. Firstly, he doesn't stroll around not trying, he just isn't very good when he tries. Secondly "no hunger for the shirt" is meaningless. How do you demonstrate hunger for the shirt?

Can we all just agree he's wank?
(01-05-2021, 09:45 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 09:31 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 09:09 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 09:07 PM)Sliced Wrote: He's more than good enough for the championship.

Yes but it’s not great business to pay £16m for a striker who is decent in the Champ.

He was 22 at the time, he still has time to develop and unfortunately fees have increased.

I would've preferred someone from overseas but the expectations by our fans put upon a striker  who gets absolutely fuck all service is embarrassing.

Again:

Poor first touch.

Offers nothing off the ball. 

When he's has chances he's fluffed them.

That has absolutely nothing to do with 'service'.

Agree with this.

Hudds fans said he was a one trick pony who cuts in from the left and can finish pretty well... but said he’s lazy and fairly limited... so far it’s looking true.
(01-05-2021, 11:08 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 09:09 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 09:07 PM)Sliced Wrote: He's more than good enough for the championship.

Yes but it’s not great business to pay £16m for a striker who is decent in the Champ.

He was 22 at the time, he still has time to develop and unfortunately fees have increased.

I would've preferred someone from overseas but the expectations by our fans put upon a striker  who gets absolutely fuck all service is embarrassing.

Again:

Poor first touch.

Agree with this.

Hudds fans said he was a one trick pony who cuts in from the left and can finish pretty well... but said he’s lazy and fairly limited... so far it’s looking true.

I look forward to seeing his one trick!
(01-05-2021, 11:13 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 09:09 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Yes but it’s not great business to pay £16m for a striker who is decent in the Champ.

Again:

Poor first touch.

Agree with this.

I guess you didn’t see the Brighton game Wink
(01-05-2021, 11:28 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 11:13 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 09:31 PM)Sliced Wrote: He was 22 at the time, he still has time to develop and unfortunately fees have increased.

Again:

Poor first touch.

Agree with this.

I guess you didn’t see the Brighton game Wink

Grant and Diangana will come good.  If I'm not mistaken it was Diangana's superb goal that got us promoted in the end and without him last season we would still be in the Championship. (£100M).  £12m for a player of Diangana's quality is peanuts.  If he's successful it rises to £18m.  Grant's fee is good value compared to other similar deals for english players (whose value will rocket with Brexit restrictions) and he will come good once he gets better support.      

Diang's lost his way at the moment.  Anyone seen Ozil and any number of other players lately, so-called proven international players?   Werner and Havertz look like disastrous signings but they'll come good.  Hazard's first season was a struggle and you're talking about players who are walking into one of the top sides in the world not a struggling team just promoted from the Championship. 

A lot of young players struggle initially in the Prem before they find their way - Lukaku, Salah and De Bruyne three others and we're talking about players who are far better than Grant and Diangana. 

Sadly,  so-called football fans, many of whom probably don't even go when they can are like Babies and just want a big sugar-dummy to suck on for instant gratification.
This thread is absolute nonsense. Harry Kane would struggle in our side presently. I've seen no evidence that Grant is lazy, in fact no one has, you can't tell from a tv point of view as it simply follows the ball. How on Earth can anyone pass judgement on that? Give him a chance FFS.
(01-06-2021, 12:12 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: This thread is absolute nonsense. Harry Kane would struggle in our side presently. I've seen no evidence that Grant is lazy, in fact no one has, you can't tell from a tv point of view as it simply follows the ball. How on Earth can anyone pass judgement on that? Give him a chance FFS.

I agree with this. Something I've really missed about not going is that I don't get to see what I want to see during a match. The off the ball stuff, or just keeping an eye on one player for a bit.

Anyway, with my own eyes, I've seen Grant score a good goal in a very average team at the Hawthorns, so I think he'll be perfectly adequate in the Championship.
Singling out players to specifically watch, that's something I used to do regularly. For those that didn't care for J.Greening. I focused on him totally during one game when in 90 minutes he only gave the ball away once and set up almost everything we created. (That pales into insignificance compared to the time I focused on Bryan Robson. He didn't give the ball away at all, got it back a number of times plus scored a goal). The TV simply doesn't give you the whole story.