Christmas Dinner
Managed to blag a turkey crown off the inlaws as they could no longer use it, so having that with all the trimmings, for 2, well 2.5 as the littluns won't eat much. Couldn't get to Col's as we're tier 4 so fuck you very much Boris Johnson.
In the form of his life.
Drop presents off to kids/grandkids in morning, just quick visit with masks on then home for dinner just me and Mrs BB , boneless turkey crown cooked over water and covered with tent of foil, never dry! Plus small joint of belly draft scored to death.
Usually up the outlaws for dinner and seeing my lot in the evening.

This year we are scrounging some turkey off the outlaws to take home and do our own dinner, with a video call with my lot in the evening.

It'll be different, certainly.
(12-24-2020, 03:37 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 02:30 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 01:49 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Merry Christmas to all you Baggies.

I wondered what Christmas dinner plans you all have. Is this year very different from normal and has it changed your menu plans?

So here we go. Turkey is a rare event in our house. Perhaps a couple of stuffed turkey breasts to slice with other cold meats, but almost never as a Christmas dinner. Tomorrow we will be having Beef Wellington, following a Gordon Ramsay recipe. Wife and son are currently rolling the beef fillets in the duxelle sauce and parma ham. Pastry will go on later.

So what are you all having?

Outstanding Chesh. Let me know where you are and I will pop down from Cheadle Hulme

Sorry Manc, you'd be welcome but we're miles away in Nantwich. You're not allowed to travel from Tier 3 to Tier 2. I usually work in Bird Hall Lane, but I've only been to the office once since March. Should I freeze a portion and drop it off when this is all over?

That’s literally half a mile away mon

Golfing at Carden Park on 30th. Pick it up then
Just the four of us plus my mom. Turkey crown with all the usual trimmings. Also cook mine in a tent of foil, but with butter and streaky bacon over the meat. Yummy! Just done the table and peeled all the veg ready.
Just the wife, myself and son, as normal. Half a Turkey Crown, cooked in wine and herbs which means it doesn't go dry.
It’s Christmas Lunch for me.
(12-24-2020, 04:53 PM)Dan Dan the Albion Mon Wrote: It’s Christmas Lunch for me.

Doesn't it depend on what time you eat it? Or what part of the country you're from? Or if yam a MCW?
In the form of his life.
(12-24-2020, 04:53 PM)Dan Dan the Albion Mon Wrote: It’s Christmas Lunch for me.

Now there's a thing. I'm definitely in the "lunch in the middle of the day, dinner in the evening" camp. Here up north, most people seem to have dinner and tea. I'll never call a proper sit-down dinner "tea" no matter what time of day or night I'm eating it.

I guess we'll eat sometime between 2.00pm and 3.00pm, so that's not lunch.
Got family round for one last get together before another lock down looms large, Turkey, gammon, pigs in blankets, sprouts, roasted veg, onion rings, mash, roast spuds & yorkies followed by Christmas pud or trifle for those that don't like it, red & white wine on table also bottles of Heineken and some badger ales, nice bottle of Taylors port for after with the cheese board,,,,,,,,, well that's me sorted stuff the others  Rolleyes