Cockney Super Spreaders
(12-20-2020, 04:27 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: You only have to look at the chaotic scenes at London mainline Stations and the gridlock lock on the roads out of the capital to understand the mindset of folk and why were struggling to keep a lid on the spread of this virus, unfortunately the great British public have to shoulder a fair share of the blame for this shit storm we are now in.

That'e exactly what the government want you to think. Blame the people. On Wednesday, the Prime Minister of this country ridiculed the opposition leader when it was suggested that the statistics meant the current Christmas plans were probably not sensible. At that point (preferably earlier), the inevitable could have been acknowledged and we could have moved towards Christmas in a more measured, if disappointed, way. It would have particularly helped the hospitality industry in areas like mine (which was tier 2 two days ago and is now tier 4 despite having lower rates than many people in tier 2) who bought stock for the Christmas period after the over-promising Prime Minister said it would be go ahead and are now facing massive losses with unsaleable produce.

Instead of admitting Christmas couldn't happen in a sensible, grown up way, our Prime Minister leads a press conference at 4pm on the Saturday before to tell people Christmas is cancelled starting in seven hours time. So people who aren't Cockneys by definition rush to leave the city they aren't from - many I imagine are on their own working in London. Single people can form a bubble with their family under the new rules and could leave any time but that wasn't made clear and our privatised train companies sold as many tickets as they could. They then announced that due to numbers social distancing rules couldn't be adhered to and advised anyone who wasn't happy with that to get off the train. I read about one person who was on a train to Leeds who said it then stopped an hour later and everyone had to get off and get on another train to spread the virus further.

The public is the public and some people will act like dickheads whatever, but the handling of this has been appalling - obviously the government and their newspaper stooges are pushing hard to shift the blame to individuals and this 'virulent new strain' (which was first recorded in September). People are idiots if they fall for it...Laurel and Hardy doesn't cover it for these incompetent buffoons.
(12-20-2020, 05:49 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 04:51 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 04:27 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: You only have to look at the chaotic scenes at London mainline Stations and the gridlock lock on the roads out of the capital to understand the mindset of folk and why were struggling to keep a lid on the spread of this virus, unfortunately the great British public have to shoulder a fair share of the blame for this shit storm we are now in.

This!
It never ceases to amaze me how the people who say they will do as they please are the first to moan how 'The Government should do this' and 'the Government should do that' etc!

Totally this. I am sick and tired of those who argue and moan and then don't follow the rules and then when things get worse they blame anyone but themselves. They can fuck off with lai and BFS.

I was taking to some friends yesterday morning who told me they have booked an hotel and a table at a restaurant/club on newyears eve in Hereford as its in tier1 so they can party! And there is the problem as they won't be alone people travelling from tier2/3 areas just to have a fuggin party so doubt come new year herefords infection rate will soar,and its this mindset combined with I competent leadership which makes me fear we will not get rid of this virus anytime soon.
(12-20-2020, 06:05 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:

This!
It never ceases to amaze me how the people who say they will do as they please are the first to moan how 'The Government should do this' and 'the Government should do that' etc!

Totally this. I am sick and tired of those who argue and moan and then don't follow the rules and then when things get worse they blame anyone but themselves. They can fuck off with lai and BFS.

I was taking to some friends yesterday morning who told me they have booked an hotel and a table at a restaurant/club on newyears eve in Hereford as its in tier1 so they can party! And there is the problem as they won't be alone people travelling from tier2/3 areas just to have a fuggin party so doubt come new year herefords infection rate will soar,and its this mindset combined with I competent leadership which makes me fear we will not get rid of this virus anytime soon.

The hotel in Hereford is the same as the lyttrlton in Hayley allowing half of Stourbridge to eat out in a tier 2 area.

I agree that people shouldn’t be trying to find loop holes like this, but also feel that if we had a competent government, who actually bothered to think these things through then we wouldn’t give these cunts the ability to do what they do best.
(12-20-2020, 06:34 PM)sickParrot Wrote:

This!

The hotel in Hereford is the same as the lyttrlton in Hayley allowing half of Stourbridge to eat out in a tier 2 area.

I agree that people shouldn’t be trying to find loop holes like this, but also feel that if we had a competent government, who actually bothered to think these things through then we wouldn’t give these cunts the ability to do what they do best.
Yep the selfish mindset of folk coupled with the incompetent buffoons in charge and you really can't see anything but us going to hell in a hand cart. Yes I know governments all over the world have struggled to cope and I had a modicome of sympathy for them at the outset but the way they've handled this since the initial lock down ended is criminal, and however thought that relaxing restrictions for Xmas basically resulting in a free for all was a good idea needs to be sectioned.
(12-20-2020, 06:34 PM)sickParrot Wrote:

This!

Its a 20 min walk to the Lyttleton for me.

I wouldn't dream of leaving a tier 3 area to do that though.
I think what this all proves is that Tier 2 doesn’t do a fat lot in cities. Or that city folk in general just can’t be trusted to abide.

It would have been better to lockdown in November for longer. Schools shouldn’t have gone back. Nor universities (but they want the student loan liquidity). Either way, it does neither vaccine sales nor dodgy contracts any harm.
All I saw on the news was a load of London-based Northeners jumping on trains to get back home and kill their relatives.
(12-20-2020, 08:24 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote: All I saw on the news was a load of Northeners jumping on trains to get back home and kill their relatives.

Agreed. Way to overcrowd the stations in the process and accelerate it. 

I feel bad for everyone, but we really should leave the exodus to those in true need.
With all those wealthy Landoners owning 2nd properties in Cornwall Devon Cotswolds & Isle of Wight

Wont be long before those areas are in lockdown

Will the Isle of Wight stop the ferries to prevent infection?

HAs a sci fi movie element of it
(12-20-2020, 08:24 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote: All I saw on the news was a load of London-based Northeners jumping on trains to get back home and kill their relatives.

Succinctly put!