Just buy a new one, skinflint
£15 for a decent one in Wilko or Asda

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-me...e-55234418
A tree??? it looks more like a few straws stuck together!
My late father used to put our fake Xmas tree in the loft each year covered in a bin bag. He would leave the lights and baubles on it and so every year it was a 5 min job. Funny when I look back and think about it but it seemed normal at the time as that’s what I’d got used to and knew no different.

We also had an advent calendar that was recycled every year and myself and my brothers soon got to learn that behind the door for the 15th read “only 10 more days until Christmas”. I guess that’s what came from living through the war and hardship and making do and using newspaper for toilet roll.
(12-10-2020, 04:02 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: My late father used to put our fake Xmas tree in the loft each year covered in a bin bag. He would leave the lights and baubles on it and so every year it was a 5 min job. Funny when I look back and think about it but it seemed normal at the time as that’s what I’d got used to and knew no different.

We also had an advent calendar that was recycled every year and myself and my brothers soon got to learn that behind the door for the 15th read “only 10 more days until Christmas”. I guess that’s what came from living through the war and hardship and making do and using newspaper for toilet roll.

TBF I'm somewhat bah humbug (no-one could possibly has guessed, I know :p) my fake tree is in the spare room with baubles on it, just need to grab it and whack it downstairs at some point....I grew up with a real tree though, better than gold plated pea shooters Wink
My nan used to keep last year's cards and hang them up every year it looked like she had hundreds of friends god rest her soul.
(12-10-2020, 05:34 PM)The liquidator Wrote: My nan used to keep last year's cards and hang them up every year it looked like she had hundreds of friends god rest her soul.

When cleaning out my moms house earlier this year I found 2 Christmas Cards written out to myself and my son. She must have forgotten where she had put them and bought some more when her dementia was starting to kick in.

I kept them (this was back in May) and now have them on display in my lounge and I will keep putting them up every year until she dies.