Dwight Gayle
We won't sign him before we play Newcastle but we will straight after.

Dwight before Christmas.
(12-10-2020, 02:18 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: I get nervous when it's assumed if players leave we're going to get big fees for them. We did the same with Evans, JRod, Chadli the only good money we have got for a player in recent time was when Saido went to Stoke.

According to Transfermarkt. We got £12m for Saido, £11m for Chadli and £10m for Rodriguez. We also got £16m for Rondon. This suggests we do get decent money when we sell.

We turned down £25m for Evans and were only screwed by his relegation release clause.
Gayle played 39 times for us. Hardly a Sick Vic.
(12-10-2020, 12:54 PM)clem4england Wrote: Gayle is quality BUT how does he fit our system? You buy players to slot in who will complement the team; not just any old Tom, Dick or Harry who is half decent.

The Vile Recruitment Dept want a word!
(12-10-2020, 12:57 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 12:52 PM)Dumbo Wrote: I’d take him.

Grant Robinson and Gayle would fucking destroy the Championship next season.

Would Diangana and Pereria stay?

I doubt anyone would meet our asking price for Pereira (£40?) and can't see anyone being interested in Diang.
(12-10-2020, 03:20 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 12:57 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 12:52 PM)Dumbo Wrote: I’d take him.

Grant Robinson and Gayle would fucking destroy the Championship next season.

Would Diangana and Pereria stay?

I doubt anyone would meet our asking price for Pereira (£40?) and can't see anyone being interested in Diang.

Forty quid? He can mow the lawn for that.
Lai wants to sell. If he can’t get his price he might flog any asset and go for GBP50 million for ownership. That’s perhaps the easiest way for him to get 100 mill back if no other group will yuanna pay him the cash

Also, there will be a stink about the place after this year’s regelation, so anyone with a career ahead will want to leave.
(12-10-2020, 03:27 PM)Babel Wrote: Lai wants to sell. If he can’t get his price he might flog any asset and go for GBP50 million for ownership. That’s perhaps the easiest way for him to get 100 mill back if no other group will yuanna pay him the cash

Also, there will be a stink about the place after this year’s regelation, so anyone with a career ahead will want to leave.

Fairly sure the idea that he can sell players and pocket the cash has been debunked.
(12-10-2020, 02:55 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 02:18 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: I get nervous when it's assumed if players leave we're going to get big fees for them. We did the same with Evans, JRod, Chadli the only good money we have got for a player in recent time was when Saido went to Stoke.

According to Transfermarkt. We got £12m for Saido, £11m for Chadli and £10m for Rodriguez. We also got £16m for Rondon. This suggests we do get decent money when we sell.

We turned down £25m for Evans and were only screwed by his relegation release clause.

Completely this. 

We got decent money given the circumstances.... JRod the wrong side of 30 with 12 months remaining, and we got £10m... Rondon similar and we got £16m, plus the couple mill and Gayle loan fee.

Getting £12m for Chadli and £6m for Dawson was also excellent business given their age and respective decisions not to play for us.

I couldn’t see is letting Grady go for less than double what we paid, and Pereria, if he plays like he did against SU and for 30 mins ba Palace will be worth £30m... only have to look at what Benrhama went for.
(12-10-2020, 02:08 PM)MGalea Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 12:54 PM)clem4england Wrote: Gayle is quality BUT how does he fit our system? You buy players to slot in who will complement the team; not just any old Tom, Dick or Harry who is half decent.

What system?

Arf