Dwight Gayle
(12-10-2020, 12:31 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: Being linked again

It's a definite no from me,  injury-prone and too expensive.

(12-10-2020, 02:55 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 02:18 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: I get nervous when it's assumed if players leave we're going to get big fees for them. We did the same with Evans, JRod, Chadli the only good money we have got for a player in recent time was when Saido went to Stoke.

According to Transfermarkt. We got £12m for Saido, £11m for Chadli and £10m for Rodriguez. We also got £16m for Rondon. This suggests we do get decent money when we sell.

We turned down £25m for Evans and were only screwed by his relegation release clause.

The relegation clause we inserted!
(12-10-2020, 02:40 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: We won't sign him before we play Newcastle but we will straight after.

Dwight before Christmas.

Nope, I agree with Duffers - too injury prone and too expensive.

Anyway, we've already got our turkey for Christmas.
I'd take him straight away. Our forwards are so goal shy, even when a goal comes over and chats them up in a bar, they start to wail, wet themselves and then leg it. A little like that buffoon in the movie Roxanne.
(12-10-2020, 06:40 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: I'd take him straight away. Our forwards are so goal shy, even when a goal comes over and chats them up in a bar, they start to wail, wet themselves and then leg it. A little like that buffoon in the movie Roxanne.

Yes and we have a six-year abusive relationship with this fucker.
(12-10-2020, 06:10 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

(12-10-2020, 02:18 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: I get nervous when it's assumed if players leave we're going to get big fees for them. We did the same with Evans, JRod, Chadli the only good money we have got for a player in recent time was when Saido went to Stoke.

According to Transfermarkt. We got £12m for Saido, £11m for Chadli and £10m for Rodriguez. We also got £16m for Rondon. This suggests we do get decent money when we sell.

We turned down £25m for Evans and were only screwed by his relegation release clause.

At his request.
(12-10-2020, 06:54 PM)Duffers Wrote:

At his request.

It was solely due to the existence of that clause that he came to us.  Without it, players of his ilk to come to any club with a strong chance of relegation.  It’s just the way it is.

At his request.

Wasn't he on the verge of a deal involving a swap for a Man City player, but the player refused to move? To think how good we thought it was on transfer deadline day that he stayed
(12-10-2020, 03:36 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 03:27 PM)Babel Wrote: Lai wants to sell. If he can’t get his price he might flog any asset and go for GBP50 million for ownership. That’s perhaps the easiest way for him to get 100 mill back if no other group will yuanna pay him the cash

Also, there will be a stink about the place after this year’s regelation, so anyone with a career ahead will want to leave.

Fairly sure the idea that he can sell players and pocket the cash has been debunked.
You're likely right, Duffers, and with no accountancy experience  I don't know the ins and outs. I guess (but don't know) it depends on the running/timing of the financial year and whether the balance sheet would withstand Lai if he had an urge to give himself a huge dividend based on traansfer 'arvestings.
(12-10-2020, 09:15 PM)Babel Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 03:36 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 03:27 PM)Babel Wrote: Lai wants to sell. If he can’t get his price he might flog any asset and go for GBP50 million for ownership. That’s perhaps the easiest way for him to get 100 mill back if no other group will yuanna pay him the cash

Also, there will be a stink about the place after this year’s regelation, so anyone with a career ahead will want to leave.

Fairly sure the idea that he can sell players and pocket the cash has been debunked.
You're likely right, Duffers, and with no accountancy experience  I don't know the ins and outs. I guess (but don't know) it depends on the running/timing of the financial year and whether the balance sheet would withstand Lai if he had an urge to give himself a huge dividend based on traansfer 'arvestings.

If by selling the players we made a profit in the year he could declare a dividend and get the money out that way into the holding company.  The money wouldn’t be personally his but then he didn’t pay for it personally to begin with.
滚开赖

At his request.

Acquiesed then?  No problem with a relegation clause it was the amt that was the issue.  I guess he refused to sign otherwise?