Klipperty Klopp
I think it’s all part of the bravado they feed upon to take pressure of their players’ shortcomings. Just mind games; but when it becomes personal it’s a sign of someone losing their cool. There is no need to take it out on Wilder, just childish; and a tad desperate.
(11-28-2020, 07:52 PM)Duffers Wrote: I suppose in mitigation being a poor sport is a trait that the elite managers all share. Ferguson was arguably the best there has ever been but was certainly not shy about sounding off in every direction when a result didn’t go his way. Similarly Mourinho, Wenger, Clough... they all whinged and whined and blamed everyone else after bad results...

Bobby Robson seemed to be one of the few who could marry success with sportsmanship, which is why he was so beloved.

Cloughie?

He might have had some feuds but he took losses on the chin and never apportioned blame where it was undue.  He was never a whinger. He gave his own players more stick for losing - remember what happened after the Dings beat Forest in the 1980 League Cup Final?
I see good old Jurgen is still moaning about only using 3 subs. Wouldnt bother me to be honest. We always look knackered after 70mins anyway so 5 subs might actually help.

But i just cant fathom how players cant manage to play Sat/Wed/Sat. They are fitter and better prepared and conditioned than ever before. They play on pitches that are better than some living room carpets. Tackling is virtually outlawed. How on earth can they not manage 180 mins of football in a week?
He’s just so full of shit. What he’s saying is just pure speculation (nearly all the clubs would have voted for 135 substitutes per game) but because he’s got a soapbox, the media treat it as fact.
Whether it’s a good thing or not - and also because I’m petty and vindictive - I hope it never happens and Liverpool just have to cope with their huge squad of big signings, home grown youngsters and academy players that they’ve tempted (stolen) from poorer clubs
Klopp moans about fixture congestion and players being overstretched... yet plays Alexander-Arnold, Salah, Robertson, Henderson, Firminio and Mane in a dead rubber match in Denmark when their group was already won.
(12-09-2020, 10:52 PM)Duffers Wrote: Klopp moans about fixture congestion and players being overstretched... yet plays Alexander-Arnold, Salah, Robertson, Henderson, Firminio and Mane in a dead rubber match in Denmark when their group was already won.

And if they lose at the weekend will blame the same mid-week match,  and scheduling of Premier League games?
Don't mention 5 subs. I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it
(12-09-2020, 10:56 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 10:52 PM)Duffers Wrote: Klopp moans about fixture congestion and players being overstretched... yet plays Alexander-Arnold, Salah, Robertson, Henderson, Firminio and Mane in a dead rubber match in Denmark when their group was already won.

And if they lose at the weekend will blame the same mid-week match,  and scheduling of Premier League games?

It’ll be Chris Wilder’s fault.
(12-04-2020, 04:44 PM)MrFizz Wrote: I see good old Jurgen is still moaning about only using 3 subs. Wouldnt bother me to be honest. We always look knackered after 70mins anyway so 5 subs might actually help.

But i just cant fathom how players cant manage to play Sat/Wed/Sat. They are fitter and better prepared and conditioned than ever before. They play on pitches that are better than some living room carpets. Tackling is virtually outlawed. How on earth can they not manage 180 mins of football in a week?

I think the best analogy is that the elite players are like an F1 car in that every bit of them is fine tuned to their max capacity and just being a couple % off will risk a breakdown or give a noticeable difference. 

I’m sure every PL player can run around for 180 minutes kicking a ball, but it’s not quite that simple.