Garth Crooks Team of the Week
It’s common knowledge now that Mr Crooks tends to hold what I will charitably describe as interesting points of view on who does and doesn’t deserve to get into his team of the week. More accurately the bloke is a fucking weapon. The best GK this week, in Garth’s esteemed opinion, was David de Gea. 

That wasn’t the impression I got from watching. I doubt it’s the opinion of anybody with functioning eyes.
(11-24-2020, 02:45 PM)BilstonBaggie Wrote: It’s common knowledge now that Mr Crooks tends to hold what I will charitably describe as interesting points of view on who does and doesn’t deserve to get into his team of the week. More accurately the bloke is a fucking weapon. The best GK this week, in Garth’s esteemed opinion, was David de Gea. 

That wasn’t the impression I got from watching. I doubt it’s the opinion of anybody with functioning eyes.

This. Fuggin waste of tax-payers'.
Hopefully Southgate was watching DDG as Pickford has been a bit ropey lately
(11-24-2020, 02:45 PM)BilstonBaggie Wrote: It’s common knowledge now that Mr Crooks tends to hold what I will charitably describe as interesting points of view on who does and doesn’t deserve to get into his team of the week. More accurately the bloke is a fucking weapon. The best GK this week, in Garth’s esteemed opinion, was David de Gea. 

It was probably the penalty save that swung it.  My stream went down just after the ref awarded it but when I saw the results on Ugandan sports news on Sunday I noticed we'd lost 1-0 so I assume he saved it?
Bartley made Team of the Week.

Here is the opening paragraph of Crooks' comments :-

"This lad was very lucky not to concede a penalty. Everyone I spoke to was as convinced as I was that referee Mike Dean had got the decision terribly wrong.

Dion Dublin on Final Score was certain. So too Martin Keown and Danny Murphy on Match of the Day, but not Dean."

He just can't help himself.
(02-22-2021, 01:59 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Bartley made Team of the Week.

"This lad was very lucky not to concede a penalty. Everyone I spoke to was as convinced as I was that referee Mike Dean had got the decision terribly wrong.

Dion Dublin on Final Score was certain. So too Martin Keown and Danny Murphy on Match of the Day, but not Dean."

Bartley (and we) we're extremely lucky. We could've easily lost both games (Man U and Burnley) had Barts been penalised. The mood completely changes then. Small margins.

Bare truth is he's not really PL level. He may get away with it under ideal circumstances but overall in terms of quality he falls short.
(02-22-2021, 02:08 PM)Atomic Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 01:59 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Bartley made Team of the Week.

Bartley (and we) we're extremely lucky. We could've easily lost both games (Man U and Burnley) had Barts been penalised. The mood completely changes then. Small margins.

Bare truth is he's not really PL level. He may get away with it under ideal circumstances but overall in terms of quality he falls short.

I don't argue. My point was about Crooks more than Bartley, to be fair.
SJ & Bartley in this week.

There have been many occasions when SJ was the weeks best keeper in the league this season, but I wouldn't have said he did anything out of the ordinary against Brighton.
Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:SJ & Bartley in this week.

There have been many occasions when SJ was the weeks best keeper in the league this season, but I wouldn't have said he did anything out of the ordinary against Brighton.

Perhaps our Garth thinks that Johnstone saved both of Brighton's penalties.  Huh
SJ had very little to do last game. I actually thought Brighton's keeper did really well. Punched or caught everything. Again, this is to do with Crooks, not any reflection on anyone else.