Baggie_Nick Wrote:Lagoon
George and Dragon
Shepherd's Cottage
Royal Exchange
Crown and Cushion
Golden Cup
Tibbington
White Rose
The Lagoon!!!! Surely no one misses the Lagoon, especially the Old Bill, and they were there more than most!
I used to meet my mate in the Cup, he lived just behind there. Is The Bush still going? We used to pop in there on a gadabout years gone.
Christ, The Lagoon. Bringing back some memories today chaps.I was driving past there one day I'd just been to my mother in laws just down by the pie factory.It was a hot day and as I went past the lagoon there was full scale battle going on outside just like a scene from a western saloon bar .There were men and women punching fuck out of each other about 20 of them at it .Chairs ,tables and glasses,suddenly a pint glass flew through the air and smashed into my car on the roof just missed the windscreen.I though fuck it let's get out of here fast glass and beer running down the screen.
The Bush had my engagement party in there many moons ago .Is it still standing ,not been down there for a few years.

You soft cunts!  Big Grin

The Bush was the one just on the top of the canal bridge- it's gone.
(11-15-2020, 06:25 PM)tiptontown Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 05:53 PM)Alf Tupper Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 04:26 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
George and Dragon
Shepherd's Cottage
Royal Exchange
Crown and Cushion
Golden Cup
Tibbington
White Rose
The Lagoon!!!! Surely no one misses the Lagoon, especially the Old Bill, and they were there more than most!
I used to meet my mate in the Cup, he lived just behind there. Is The Bush still going? We used to pop in there on a gadabout years gone.
Christ, The Lagoon. Bringing back some memories today chaps.I was driving past there one day I'd just been to my mother in laws just down by the pie factory.It was a hot day and as I went past the lagoon there was full scale battle going on outside just like a scene from a western saloon bar .There were men and women punching fuck out of each other about 20 of them at it .Chairs ,tables and glasses,suddenly a pint glass flew through the air and smashed into my car on the roof just missed the windscreen.I though fuck it let's get out of here fast glass and beer running down the screen.
The Bush had my engagement party in there many moons ago .Is it still standing ,not been down there for a few years.

If you're thinking of the the Old Bush just off Bloomfield Rd, yes its still there. There was another Bush down Park Lane West which is now a shop.

Bloomfield road was a rocker pub but now an Indian place. Used to be the barge and barrel.
(11-15-2020, 08:04 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
George and Dragon
Shepherd's Cottage
Royal Exchange
Crown and Cushion
Golden Cup
Tibbington
White Rose

If you're thinking of the the Old Bush just off Bloomfield Rd, yes its still there. There was another Bush down Park Lane West which is now a shop.

Bloomfield road was a rocker pub but now an Indian place. Used to be the barge and barrel.

Yes, gone back to its original name again.
(11-15-2020, 08:17 PM)tiptontown Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 04:26 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: The Lagoon!!!! Surely no one misses the Lagoon, especially the Old Bill, and they were there more than most!

Decent grub, me and the little un had a mixed grill a while back.
(11-15-2020, 04:26 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: The Lagoon!!!! Surely no one misses the Lagoon, especially the Old Bill, and they were there more than most!

This one was the one I was thinking of

Bush
(11-15-2020, 08:01 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
George and Dragon
Shepherd's Cottage
Royal Exchange
Crown and Cushion
Golden Cup
Tibbington
White Rose

You soft cunts!  Big Grin

The Bush was the one just on the top of the canal bridge- it's gone.
I also miss the Bush  Big Grin
(11-15-2020, 08:27 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 05:53 PM)Alf Tupper Wrote: Christ, The Lagoon. Bringing back some memories today chaps.I was driving past there one day I'd just been to my mother in laws just down by the pie factory.It was a hot day and as I went past the lagoon there was full scale battle going on outside just like a scene from a western saloon bar .There were men and women punching fuck out of each other about 20 of them at it .Chairs ,tables and glasses,suddenly a pint glass flew through the air and smashed into my car on the roof just missed the windscreen.I though fuck it let's get out of here fast glass and beer running down the screen.

Bush

That's been gone a few years now. Remember going in there coming back from a Blues away game one time after getting off the metro.
The Old Bush had the name over the door still even when it was renamed the Barge and Barrel.
(11-15-2020, 08:54 PM)tiptontown Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 06:25 PM)tiptontown Wrote: If you're thinking of the the Old Bush just off Bloomfield Rd, yes its still there. There was another Bush down Park Lane West which is now a shop.

Bush

That's been gone a few years now. Remember going in there coming back from a Blues away game one time after getting off the metro.

It has. Right on the bump.

The one up the road was a shithole though - The Collier.
The Woodman
(11-15-2020, 08:54 PM)tiptontown Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 06:25 PM)tiptontown Wrote: If you're thinking of the the Old Bush just off Bloomfield Rd, yes its still there. There was another Bush down Park Lane West which is now a shop.

Bush

The Old Bush had the name over the door still even when it was renamed the Barge and Barrel.

Funny you should say that because Bluenoses ex Zulus used to run it at one point.