Closed down pubs you miss the most
(11-17-2020, 08:17 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
MancBaggie Wrote:
sneekes Wrote:
Spandaubaggie Wrote:The Duck on the Hagley Rd which was knocked down in the 90s and rebuilt into some pseudo hotel.
Good shout that, steamrock bar was next door if my memory serves me right

Good night out in the summer The Duck - big beer garden. Recall first going there as a 17 year old around 1990. Used to drink fugging strongbow

Loved all those pubs on Hagley Rd. They used to give me that weekend feeling as we'd go in them on a Friday before going to The Romulus.  Not a pub, I know, but the biggest loss of all must be Barbarellas. Best club in brum, ever, fact. Wink

Bass House, Maggies, Kings Head, DB's, Duck and onto Town.
(11-17-2020, 09:39 PM)Lillwall's left foot Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 08:17 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
MancBaggie Wrote:
sneekes Wrote:
Spandaubaggie Wrote:The Duck on the Hagley Rd which was knocked down in the 90s and rebuilt into some pseudo hotel.
Good shout that, steamrock bar was next door if my memory serves me right

Good night out in the summer The Duck - big beer garden. Recall first going there as a 17 year old around 1990. Used to drink fugging strongbow

Loved all those pubs on Hagley Rd. They used to give me that weekend feeling as we'd go in them on a Friday before going to The Romulus.  Not a pub, I know, but the biggest loss of all must be Barbarellas. Best club in brum, ever, fact. Wink

Bass House, Maggies, Kings Head, DB's, Duck and onto Town.

Used to work at A&W house. A similar pub crawl with a Chinese at Fans beforehand.