Team for Do or die
(11-05-2020, 01:41 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 12:02 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Johnstone
O'Shea - Ajayi - Ivan - Gibbs
Robinson - Kroc - Gallagher - Grady
Pereira
Grant

Bond - Townsend - Bartley - Edwards - Grosicki - Harper - Livermore

Since people started using the wrong name for our midfielder we've gone shit, so a slight edit and I agree with your team selection. Instructions: Kroc stay back, Gallagher run around and niggle at them, Pereira get back to what you used to do, rest of you practice some fuggin' crossing.

Krov/Kroc/GokWan whatever hes called cannot play as a defensive midfielder, looked hopelessly out of depth on Monday, far too lightweight and slow

Only played well in the 2nd half against Brighton as they had pretty much shut up shop and trying to hold onto a 1 goal lead.
(11-05-2020, 02:07 PM)Brandywell Wrote:
Pereira
Grant

Since people started using the wrong name for our midfielder we've gone shit, so a slight edit and I agree with your team selection. Instructions: Kroc stay back, Gallagher run around and niggle at them, Pereira get back to what you used to do, rest of you practice some fuggin' crossing.

Krov/Kroc/GokWan whatever hes called cannot play as a defensive midfielder, looked hopelessly out of depth on Monday, far too lightweight and slow

Only played well in the 2nd half against Brighton as they had pretty much shut up shop and trying to hold onto a 1 goal lead.
There in lies the problem, which I know has been highlighted on here by others.

There's only really Field out of our current squad that is able to play that role. Jake would be added to it, if only he hadn't regressed back to his fitness levels before Slaven took over.

We've got too many attacking midfielders, and that was always going to be exposed at this level.
(11-05-2020, 02:19 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 02:07 PM)Brandywell Wrote:
Pereira
Grant

There in lies the problem, which I know has been highlighted on here by others.

There's only really Field out of our current squad that is able to play that role. Jake would be added to it, if only he hadn't regressed back to his fitness levels before Slaven took over.

We've got too many attacking midfielders, and that was always going to be exposed at this level.

Agreed, given our very limited budget and more important positions to strengthen it was a strange signing
(11-05-2020, 10:54 AM)B36baggie Wrote: Johnstone 

O’Shea
Ivanovic
Ajayi
Gibbs

Krov
Gallagher 
Pereira

Robinson 
Grant
Grady

Button. Furlong. Bartley. Livermore. Edwards. Grosicki. Austin

That's bang on B36 with the exception I've have Phillips on the bench, probably instead of Austin.

Spurs likely to be without Reguilon and Aurier.  

Hopefully Kane will pick up a slight hammy  Wink
Godden, Batson, Statham...................
SJ

O'Shea....Ajayi....Ivan....Gibbs
.....Livermore.... Gallagher....
Grosicki.....Pereira....Robinson
................Grant..................

Subs:
Button
Furlong
Bartley
Krov
Phillips
Diangana
Sawyers

Could interchange Phillips for Grosicki for extra balance.

Grady needs a rest, make an impact from the bench to rebuild confidence.

Livermore just needs to hold the midfield role and protect the back 4, let Gallagher do all the running and linking the play from back to front.

Massively missing a target man or an alternate type forward.
You're almost all picking Gibbs. When did he ever (for Arsenal or the Albion) put in a real backs-against-the-wall do-or-die defensive performance? Exactly never is when, at least in my recollection. Just sayin'.