Christmas Lockdown
(10-28-2020, 05:24 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 05:12 PM)baggy1 Wrote: It's simply depressing - I know a few of you have mentioned it (LIQ the last couple of days), but it is really starting to get me down as well. My MIL, who has COPD, and has been shielding for 95% of the last 7 months said today that she doesn't want to go on.

Yep. Its not funny anymore. My Aunt who has COPD has hardly left the house since March. She looks like a ghost when i video call her. I'm struggling WFH and staring at a laptop or the same four walls every day. Slightest thing is getting on my nerves, i'm snappy and irritable. I'm also starting to hate my own home. Feels more like a prison.

Yeah it’s a shite situation. I posted a few weeks ago about the toll the last six months so has had on my stress levels and my mental health. It seems like more and more people are struggling with it all now and it looks like it’s going to get worse over the next few months before it gets better.
I'm not trying to be a doctor but there should be a thread where you can get it off our chests nobody will be judged. We are all in this crap together at the end of the day we all have families and it must be a strain on them aswell.... Put your thoughts on here we all can relate to it

Liq x
(10-28-2020, 06:09 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I'm not trying to be a doctor but there should be a thread where you can get it off our chests nobody will be judged. We are all in this crap together at the end of the day we all have families and it must be a strain on them aswell.... Put your thoughts on here we all can relate to it

Liq x

I give it three posts before everyone is calling each other a cunt.
Germany:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54716993
Something I have noticed in recent weeks is that whilst WFH I have the radio on in the background all the time, and the number of adverts for divorce lawyers seems to have gone up dramatically.
(10-28-2020, 06:13 PM)Duffers Wrote: Something I have noticed in recent weeks is that whilst WFH I have the radio on in the background all the time, and the number of adverts for divorce lawyers seems to have gone up dramatically.

National or sarf landan radio?
Duffers Wrote:
MrFizz Wrote:
baggy1 Wrote:It's simply depressing - I know a few of you have mentioned it (LIQ the last couple of days), but it is really starting to get me down as well. My MIL, who has COPD, and has been shielding for 95% of the last 7 months said today that she doesn't want to go on.

Yep. Its not funny anymore. My Aunt who has COPD has hardly left the house since March. She looks like a ghost when i video call her. I'm struggling WFH and staring at a laptop or the same four walls every day. Slightest thing is getting on my nerves, i'm snappy and irritable. I'm also starting to hate my own home. Feels more like a prison.

Yeah it’s a shite situation. I posted a few weeks ago about the toll the last six months so has had on my stress levels and my mental health. It seems like more and more people are struggling with it all now and it looks like it’s going to get worse over the next few months before it gets better.
Aye. I've noticed from talking to the odd mate, client, whoever, many are really starting to feel it now. Emotionally or financially, or both,  these are hard times.
(10-28-2020, 06:14 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 06:13 PM)Duffers Wrote: Something I have noticed in recent weeks is that whilst WFH I have the radio on in the background all the time, and the number of adverts for divorce lawyers seems to have gone up dramatically.

National or sarf landan radio?

Absolute.
(10-28-2020, 06:09 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I'm not trying to be a doctor but there should be a thread where you can get it off our chests nobody will be judged. We are all in this crap together at the end of the day we all have families and it must be a strain on them aswell.... Put your thoughts on here we all can relate to it

Liq x

Not a bad idea Liq.

We are all finding it difficult and it shows that the petty squabbles between the likes of you and I are nothing in the whole scheme of things.
I am lucky in that I have a loving wife and daughter with me, though my daughter's fragile mental health appears to be on a downward spiral.
I am so pleased Mrs Sol isn't going through the whole cancer treatment whilst this is going on. Counting my blessings but my heart goes out to the lonely and fearful.
My mum is 84 but in good health and has my bro close by to look after her. My heart goes out to the likes of FF.

Anyway, keep safe and all the best.
(10-28-2020, 06:03 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 05:24 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 05:12 PM)baggy1 Wrote: It's simply depressing - I know a few of you have mentioned it (LIQ the last couple of days), but it is really starting to get me down as well. My MIL, who has COPD, and has been shielding for 95% of the last 7 months said today that she doesn't want to go on.

It will. I struggle at this time of year anyway for various reasons. I associate Autumn and Winter with death. Sounds extreme but everyone close to me who i have lost have died between October and March. I hate this time of year at the best of times but usually there are things i can do to keep going, or things to look forward to, or even just the plain-old human interaction of work. But there is very little of anything to look forward to at the minute.