Christmas Lockdown
Where I live is due to go to tier 2 this weekend, so my planned all-dayer for Saturday looks to have bitten the dust. 

By Christmas, I'm sure most, if not all of the country will be in tier 2 at least. I can then see two options. Either the government will see that a great many people will break the rules to meet up with family, and they'll allow a two day amnesty to avoid looking like they've lost control. Or the police will go in hard leading up to Christmas with massive fines being handed out on a few highly publicised cases where people are meeting up in numbers. This will scare the shit out of anyone thinking of breaking the rules.  

The first option would make a mockery of what they're doing to control the virus, so I'm going for the second option of a bleak and for some, lonely Christmas.

Happy festiveness one and all.
(10-28-2020, 04:43 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Where I live is due to go to tier 2 this weekend, so my planned all-dayer for Saturday looks to have bitten the dust. 

By Christmas, I'm sure most, if not all of the country will be in tier 2 at least. I can then see two options. Either the government will see that a great many people will break the rules to meet up with family, and they'll allow a two day amnesty to avoid looking like they've lost control. Or the police will go in hard leading up to Christmas with massive fines being handed out on a few highly publicised cases where people are meeting up in numbers. This will scare the shit out of anyone thinking of breaking the rules.  

The first option would make a mockery of what they're doing to control the virus, so I'm going for the second option of a bleak and for some, lonely Christmas.

Happy festiveness one and all.

I’ve got images of police pulling cars over 24th/25th December asking where they are going and why.
Over 8k in hospital yesterday which is comparable with 29th March when we were in lockdown. The numbers are rising by 50% each week and without a fire / circuit break (whatever they want to call it) it looks like that will continue. The best time to have had that was this week (half term) but they decided to push on, the next time when the kids don't miss school will be Christmas. If it continues on the same path as the last couple of months we will surpass the numbers in hospital at the peak of the virus in April in the next couple of weeks.
But but but it's only the flu.
Gossip says France and Germany are looking at a 4 week lockdown with national
addresses tonight.
It's simply depressing - I know a few of you have mentioned it (LIQ the last couple of days), but it is really starting to get me down as well. My MIL, who has COPD, and has been shielding for 95% of the last 7 months said today that she doesn't want to go on.
(10-28-2020, 05:12 PM)baggy1 Wrote: It's simply depressing - I know a few of you have mentioned it (LIQ the last couple of days), but it is really starting to get me down as well. My MIL, who has COPD, and has been shielding for 95% of the last 7 months said today that she doesn't want to go on.

Yep. Its not funny anymore. My Aunt who has COPD has hardly left the house since March. She looks like a ghost when i video call her. I'm struggling WFH and staring at a laptop or the same four walls every day. Slightest thing is getting on my nerves, i'm snappy and irritable. I'm also starting to hate my own home. Feels more like a prison.
(10-28-2020, 05:12 PM)baggy1 Wrote: It's simply depressing - I know a few of you have mentioned it (LIQ the last couple of days), but it is really starting to get me down as well. My MIL, who has COPD, and has been shielding for 95% of the last 7 months said today that she doesn't want to go on.

I sympathise. My mum had this before eventually falling victim to vascular dementia. I'm kinda glad we're not having to deal with that with everything that's going on right now. There must be a lot of bewildered and lonely elderly people at the moment.
I got out for a nice walk around Moseley Bog and Sarehole Mill with an old mate today. Did me the world of good. I walk the dog every day but this was definitely more beneficial.
(10-28-2020, 12:07 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 11:24 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Can see it happening. Unfortunately.

With this fucking government nobody can predict what will happen - and I'm a tory.

+1 and I’ve slated the useless fuckers for how they have “reacted” to this situation. 

Anyhow, I’m spending. Christmas Day with my daughter and my grandson at their house and they can go fuck themselves if they think any restrictions will stop me.  I haven’t been able to hug or kiss my mom since March as she is in a care home and aged 87 with dementia.