Fat sam on football focus
(12-19-2020, 01:42 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: If Bilic hadn’t been so trendy, we wouldn’t be feeling like this. Sam’s football may not be a joy to watch, but was Bilic’s?

Chelsea aside, this term we seldom looked like taking the game to anyone until it was lost. Goals and presence up top have been a question mark that has become a non-event since losing Gayle and J-Rod. Bilic overlooked this, and relied on a midfield that glittered in a poorer division, but is far too naive for this one. We were abysmal to watch in possession, with sloppy passing, overcrowding in certain areas with gaping holes in others, wank set pieces, little movement, no gambles, and no guile (Gallagher aside, who was doing the work of two).

Sam cannot be much worse. The club has fucked up how, but looking at Fat Sam’s record with teams in the drop zone it was a no-brainer. We were going down, and he wasn’t going to stay, because he couldn’t be trusted with the kitty and he knew it.

Ignore the WUMs. We are Albion, we were before Fat Sam and will be after. At least we have a man in charge now with some EPL nous, an idea of what’s wrong (Slav just didn’t seem to know), and perhaps even a semblance of what it all means to folk from these parts. Just get behind him, it’ll end better that way.

I really hope we beat Villa more than ever now, so everyone shuts up about it and moves on. We are Baggies fans, not Bilic fans FFS.

I think some of our fans crying over Bilic is nothing short of embarrassing to the point where I'm wondering if it's more about some deeper, latent desires. It surely cannot be about the football, because that's largely been pants since promotion. We look unfit, unorganised and not getting any of the basics right. SHORT CORNERS. Embarrassing.

We've got a manager who's our best chance of rectifying that and as Johnnykayfromengland says, both Moore and Appleton are doing very well in League One on limited budgets.
Squid Wrote:
HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:If Bilic hadn’t been so trendy, we wouldn’t be feeling like this. Sam’s football may not be a joy to watch, but was Bilic’s?

Chelsea aside, this term we seldom looked like taking the game to anyone until it was lost. Goals and presence up top have been a question mark that has become a non-event since losing Gayle and J-Rod. Bilic overlooked this, and relied on a midfield that glittered in a poorer division, but is far too naive for this one. We were abysmal to watch in possession, with sloppy passing, overcrowding in certain areas with gaping holes in others, wank set pieces, little movement, no gambles, and no guile (Gallagher aside, who was doing the work of two).

Sam cannot be much worse. The club has fucked up how, but looking at Fat Sam’s record with teams in the drop zone it was a no-brainer. We were going down, and he wasn’t going to stay, because he couldn’t be trusted with the kitty and he knew it.

Ignore the WUMs. We are Albion, we were before Fat Sam and will be after. At least we have a man in charge now with some EPL nous, an idea of what’s wrong (Slav just didn’t seem to know), and perhaps even a semblance of what it all means to folk from these parts. Just get behind him, it’ll end better that way.

I really hope we beat Villa more than ever now, so everyone shuts up about it and moves on. We are Baggies fans, not Bilic fans FFS.

I think some of our fans crying over Bilic is nothing short of embarrassing to the point where I'm wondering if it's more about some deeper, latent desires. It surely cannot be about the football, because that's largely been pants since promotion. We look unfit, unorganised and not getting any of the basics right. SHORT CORNERS. Embarrassing.

We've got a manager who's our best chance of rectifying that and as Johnnykayfromengland says, both Moore and Appleton are doing very well in League One on limited budgets.

I think it is the complete change of direction that has got to people. I put my thoughts on the "fighting talk" thread so won't bore anyone with them again. I would just have preferred a Steve Cooper, a Paul Cook, and to keep to the plan.
Deeper, latent desires?  I save those for special occasions Big Grin