Positives
Lots of positives second half and the start of the first.

Johnstone superb save first half , more suited to the Prem as balls just aren't lumped into the box

Gallagher was excellent throughout, mobile and some good passing.

Conundrum is that we probably need Pereira central with no Livermore but will we be too open? I say go for it.
(10-26-2020, 10:47 PM)scotbaggie Wrote: I will reserve judgement on the Burnley and BHA matches until after Fulham. If we beat Fulham then these two matches look OK. If we lose then they are much less impressive.

So basically you have no idea.
(10-26-2020, 10:49 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 10:47 PM)scotbaggie Wrote: I will reserve judgement on the Burnley and BHA matches until after Fulham. If we beat Fulham then these two matches look OK. If we lose then they are much less impressive.

Correct. I am confused
(10-26-2020, 10:47 PM)billybassett Wrote: Conundrum is that we probably need Pereira central with no Livermore but will we be too open? I say go for it.

I said to the old man at HT that Pereira was having no influence out wide. Bold move by Bilic to take Jake off so that he could move Pereira inside. Bilic has tough decisions to make. I don't think Jake deserves dropping but is that the answer? I think that would be risky in games against better sides. And who would play wide right? I think a few teams have targeted our right side this season - I know you and others on here will disagree, but Phillip's offers more defensively than  any of the other options, IMO.
(10-26-2020, 11:56 PM)scotbaggie Wrote:

Correct. I am confused

Fair play! Like the rest of us.
(10-27-2020, 12:39 AM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 11:56 PM)scotbaggie Wrote:

Correct. I am confused

Fair play! Like the rest of us.

Every week its one good half and one bad half. Which team are we? Will the real side please stand up?
Not bad for a pub team
One less match to watch

My weekend wasn’t ruined

Big Grin
(10-27-2020, 12:37 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 10:47 PM)billybassett Wrote: Conundrum is that we probably need Pereira central with no Livermore but will we be too open? I say go for it.

I said to the old man at HT that Pereira was having no influence out wide. Bold move by Bilic to take Jake off so that he could move Pereira inside. Bilic has tough decisions to make. I don't think Jake deserves dropping but is that the answer? I think that would be risky in games against better sides. And who would play wide right? I think a few teams have targeted our right side this season - I know you and others on here will disagree, but Phillip's offers more defensively than  any of the other options, IMO.

Yes Bilic went for it because he had to as we needed a goal. But we did look more compact and organised weirdly because we were able to recycle the ball quickly.

As for Phillips. If he can get on the bench again next week I'm bringing my boots down to the Cottage because I might get a game. One run and he was bollocksed. I mean I'd rather Gibbs came on and did what he did.
(10-27-2020, 08:34 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 12:37 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:

Yes Bilic went for it because he had to as we needed a goal. But we did look more compact and organised weirdly because we were able to recycle the ball quickly.

As for Phillips. If he can get on the bench again next week I'm bringing my boots down to the Cottage because I might get a game. One run and he was bollocksed. I mean I'd rather Gibbs came on and did what he did.

It did look bad. He looked fatter than our cat - and she's been on a diet for a fortnight.