Hegazi
I Like him in the side,no nonsense when needs to be but can also pick a pass, glad he’s still with us!
(10-19-2020, 08:55 PM)Bartley_baggie Wrote: I Like him in the side,no nonsense when needs to be but can also pick a pass, glad he’s still with us!

Absolutely, and why I was amazed that some were saying we should get rid to save money on his wages.
(10-19-2020, 09:24 PM)yeoman lai Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 08:55 PM)Bartley_baggie Wrote: I Like him in the side,no nonsense when needs to be but can also pick a pass, glad he’s still with us!

Absolutely, and why I was amazed that some were saying we should get rid to save money on his wages.

+1, barmy!
Yep. Solid.
The best defender we had at the club the last two seasons and he we badly missed him during the last because of injury. If we hadn't lost both him and Diangana for so long we would have won the league IMO.
All the above.
He wasn't playing because he was injured, presumably. Not because he leaving.
Happy to see him playing again. We had gone so far backwards in terms of centre back quality since the days of GMac and Jonas. Neither Bartley nor Ajayi has much to offer at this level IMO. We desperately need to keep Ivanovic and Hegazi fit. Will Kipre play at all? Strange signing.
(10-20-2020, 08:29 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Happy to see him playing again. We had gone so far backwards in terms of centre back quality since the days of GMac and Jonas. Neither Bartley nor Ajayi has much to offer at this level IMO. We desperately need to keep Ivanovic and Hegazi fit. Will Kipre play at all? Strange signing.

Kipre was just too good an opportunity to miss.  Hopefully under Ivan's guidance he'll progress to replacing him.
So I guess last night's appearance triggered this all too public clause that means he is now earning £8bn per week?!?!?
Surprised that Bartley is please to see Hegazi back in the team!

Ivanovic and Hegazi give us a decent chance winning the headers from set pieces BUT we desperately need to get better at not letting the crosses in from open play - it's such an obvious weakness.

Also I think in the long term you have to hope that Ajayi can switch to the left side and offer some pace at the back OR dare I say it again get him set up in front of the centre backs... with Krov and Gallagher about - as long as Semi can fulfil the Yacob destroyer role and find one of those two it could work. Unlikely I suppose he's going to drop Livermore to try this though.