Ajayi
Totally understand why he wasn't in the starting 11 last night - In the premiership Burnley present a fairly unique set of problems, for which Ivanovic and Hegazi were the best solution.

But feel over the course of the previous 4 games, he had been perhaps the best outfield performer. Do think his pace will be an asset, and his overall strength.

I am not a fan of playing 3 at the back, and with us its difficult because i think it can easily become 5 at the back. However watching Kyle Walker play for City on saturday nigh in a back three, i wonder if Ajayi can play a similar role for us. Using his pace to snuff out danger, but also almost being a spare man at the back, with license to bring the ball forward and make an extra man in midfield when we are in possession.
Ajai had been travelling all over and playing games for Nigeria. May have been fatigued. Bilic had time to work on game plans with the other players.
Said it before but he could well be our best RB option.
(10-20-2020, 10:52 AM)B36baggie Wrote: Said it before but he could well be our best RB option.

I’ve said it a million times but he could be our best DM option.
Ajayi is best when we play a high line. We won't often do that at this level because more often than not teams will have more of the ball than us and we'll have to defend deeper than we were used to last season.

This doesnt really play to Ajayi's strengths, he's not great positionally and he's not particularly dominant for a centre half.
(10-20-2020, 10:54 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 10:52 AM)B36baggie Wrote: Said it before but he could well be our best RB option.

I’ve also said a million time before

He could be our best keeper Big Grin
(10-20-2020, 10:54 AM)Dumbo Wrote:

Rotherham fans said that Ajayi's best position was defensive midfield.
Bomber believes we need Ajayi in midfield at PL level and I agree