Positives
(10-19-2020, 07:59 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 07:54 PM)bullsgreenbaggie Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 06:29 PM)Duffers Wrote: My bank account is not £15 weaker.

Free stream was excellent quality and only hung up a few times, very watchable.

I'd watch all our games on NBC, best commentary I've heard for a long time, actually talked about the game and were pretty balanced.

+1. Commentary was very good from them.
(10-20-2020, 08:03 AM)AnelkasBeard Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 07:59 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 07:54 PM)bullsgreenbaggie Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 06:29 PM)Duffers Wrote: My bank account is not £15 weaker.

Free stream was excellent quality and only hung up a few times, very watchable.

I'd watch all our games on NBC, best commentary I've heard for a long time, actually talked about the game and were pretty balanced.

+1. Commentary was very good from them.

Indeed, it was also the same commentry team on the Super Sports Premier channel, very balanced, Dingle Don please take note, listen & learn.
So many last night and disappointing to not get the win but a good point. For me, this was at last the beginning of our season when all of our new 'Senator' signings got on the pitch. 

4 times in 10 seconds in the 2nd we nearly got the ball over the line.  Some keeper that Pope, how he's not playing for England is beyond me.  Sam weren't too far behind though with two stunning saves, needs to continue to work on how he deals with crossed but he did catch a few last night whereas previously he would have punched - is this Ivanovic's influence/coaching?  He really did look much better behind Ivanovic and Hegazi and with Ivan bollocking him.   

Ivanovic was absolutely superb and Hegazi after what not playing for about 5 months, outstanding too and you tell both of them were really up for it, warriors.   

Thought Furlong and Townsend did well and were brave and on a couple of occasions Conor actually saved us with good blocks.  Work to do for Slav still with the defence, need to look back at how Wood and Barnes had such free headers but will hopefully come with better understanding.  Maybe O'Shea and Gibbs in for Furlong and Townsend would improve us further?

Midfield much better with a good mix of steel, skill and energy.  Pereira not in the game as much as you'd want but with the Kroc and Grant (twice - the first time Karlan lost flight of the ball) his superb passes could have won us the game.   Plus a good but slightly mistimed effort at the end,  not forgetting the shot on target in the melee. 

Diang disappointing, totally lost last night and a lot of work to do on the training ground with him running onto balls. Only really one highlight for him but could have so easily led to the winner - we know there is far more to come. 

Kroc and Gallagher a breath of fresh air with much needed energy.  Both very solid first performances of the season and their first in the prem.  Will only get better and better.  Jake was solid.  You could see as soon as Sawyers came on why it has to be bench for him at best.   

Grant looked amazingly sharp early on considering his last match was on the 17th July.  Real shame he lost the flight of ball when running through and then probably being too eager/excited on the disallowed goal, but to beat Pope from there is no mean feat.  I reckon he'll score quite a few for us this season.  1 in 3 would be excellent.    Robinson chased and harried but little else.  We really could do with another option here.  

So all in all much to build on with maybe one or two coming into the side.  I assume Gibbs is injured, or is he still on the naughty step?
(10-20-2020, 09:55 AM)Hopalong Wrote: So many last night and disappointing to not get the win but a good point. For me, this was at last the beginning of our season when all of our new 'Senator' signings got on the pitch. 

4 times in 10 seconds in the 2nd we nearly got the ball over the line.  Some keeper that Pope, how he's not playing for England is beyond me.  Sam weren't too far behind though with two stunning saves, needs to continue to work on how he deals with crossed but he did catch a few last night whereas previously he would have punched - is this Ivanovic's influence/coaching?  He really did look much better behind Ivanovic and Hegazi and with Ivan bollocking him.   

Ivanovic was absolutely superb and Hegazi after what not playing for about 5 months, outstanding too and you tell both of them were really up for it, warriors.   

Thought Furlong and Townsend did well and were brave and on a couple of occasions Conor actually saved us with good blocks.  Work to do for Slav still with the defence, need to look back at how Wood and Barnes had such free headers but will hopefully come with better understanding.  Maybe O'Shea and Gibbs in for Furlong and Townsend would improve us further?

Midfield much better with a good mix of steel, skill and energy.  Pereira not in the game as much as you'd want but with the Kroc and Grant (twice - the first time Karlan lost flight of the ball) his superb passes could have won us the game.   Plus a good but slightly mistimed effort at the end,  not forgetting the shot on target in the melee. 

Diang disappointing, totally lost last night and a lot of work to do on the training ground with him running onto balls. Only really one highlight for him but could have so easily led to the winner - we know there is far more to come. 

Kroc and Gallagher a breath of fresh air with much needed energy.  Both very solid first performances of the season and their first in the prem.  Will only get better and better.  Jake was solid.  You could see as soon as Sawyers came on why it has to be bench for him at best.   

Grant looked amazingly sharp early on considering his last match was on the 17th July.  Real shame he lost the flight of ball when running through and then probably being too eager/excited on the disallowed goal, but to beat Pope from there is no mean feat.  I reckon he'll score quite a few for us this season.  1 in 3 would be excellent.    Robinson chased and harried but little else.  We really could do with another option here.  

So all in all much to build on with maybe one or two coming into the side.  I assume Gibbs is injured, or is he still on the naughty step?

far too sensible BOOOOOOOO

anyone else read the thread title and think - corona virus test results?
(10-20-2020, 10:01 AM)igorbalis Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 09:55 AM)Hopalong Wrote: So many last night and disappointing to not get the win but a good point. For me, this was at last the beginning of our season when all of our new 'Senator' signings got on the pitch. 

far too sensible BOOOOOOOO

anyone else read the thread title and think - corona virus test results?

now you mention it!
Positives. Sam J, so much better behind Ivanovich. Townsend, not looking out of place. Centre Halves, excellent. Gallagher, will play a big part this season. Krov, energetic and skilful. Grant showed he can finish. Slav, not afraid to change things.
Minuses. Fitness? Saw the Leeds/Dings after and they both had more energy. Subs, shows we are thin squadwise. Dingle Don, not bad last night but I thought we'd heard the last of him.